Thursday, March 11, 2010

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Blog
* Insert usual bullshit about what a bad blogger I am. I have no excuse, besides laziness and stress and real life keeping me from updating you all on the random weirdness of the internet. Here's something a little different: A look at some of my favorite new perfume, AND IT IS COMIC-BASED AND ONE MAKES ME THINK OF TV SHOWS.

Shopping

So, I got my first order from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, after being told by pretty much everyone amazing that I needed some to live. They were right, per usual. I never should have doubted them. Here's what I ordered:

hellboy
LIZ
A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather.

Which is freaking gorgeous, and makes me happy, and actually cured my migraine today, meaning it has MAGIC POWERS (as does Mike Mignola himself) (and why aren't there more comic perfumes? Someone make a Transmetropolitan line. I would buy it. OR FABLES. OR....) and:

HELLFIRE
:: NEW FORMULATION
A scent celebrating Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Knights of St. Francis of Wycombe, also known as the Hellfire Club. A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass.

I was worried the two scents would be similar, but they're completely different. Hellfire is much more intense, sensual, for evenings. Yes, I pretend it's from Supernatural. Shame: I lack it.

But but! BPAL also gives you imps, because they are benevolent scent gods, and also they want me to spend MORE imaginary money. Imps are small samples of other scents. I got four with my order, picked at random and a complete (but welcome) surprise. They gave me:

BLACK LOTUS
Born in the shadows of a Temple to Set, this corrupted Egyptian scent evokes images of black pyramids, river demons, and bleak, deadly desert sands. Black lotus flower, amber, myrrh and sandalwood.

SANTA EULÀRIA DES RIU
Piquant citrus tempered by jasmine, soft Mediterranean herbs, lavender and orange blossom.

SERPENTS WITH GLITTERING EYES AND FORKY TONGUES
It was a long way to her own house, and the chest seemed to grow heavier at every step. Sometimes she felt as if it would be impossible for her to get on at all, but her greed gave her strength, and at last she arrived at her own door. She sank down on the threshold, overcome with weariness, but in a moment was on her feet again, fumbling with the lock of the chest. But by this time night had come, and there was no light in the house, and the woman was in too much hurry to get to her treasures, to go and look for one. At length, however, the lock gave way, and the lid flew open, when, O horror! instead of gold and jewels, she saw before her serpents with glittering eyes and forky tongues. And they twined themselves about her and darted poison into her veins, and she died, and no man regretted her.

Serpentine green herbs, glistening red currant, sparkling yellow lemon rind, green musk, lime, and snakeskin.

CZERNOBOG
Created in honor of the Slavic Black God of the Dead. A nighttime god of grief, evil, chaos and woe, he is paralleled by his twin brother Bylebog, god of light, joy, order, and good fortune. A combination of three musks, with splashes of dark myrrh, vetiver and mullein.

My perfume is morbid. I love it all. And they have Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett perfume, and Lovecraft perfum, and steampunk, and this is going to be an enormous problem for me, isn't it? Because, clearly, there aren't enough other things I desperately need to buy.

By the way, many of my friends make music/yarn/perfume/makeup/art/writing, and I am going to promote the hell out of them, in between returning to my regularly scheduled blogging (Monday, honest. HONEST. Have I ever lied to you?) and other things I have in mind. I have ideas. And if you have suggestions/questions/comments/blank checks/Christopher Eccleston's phone number, please let me know.

- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive