Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Desk Is Very Messy, And Will Probably Be The Reason I Do Not Get Hired Full-Time

Dear Would-Be Writers,
Please stop sending me your submissions. They are making me angry and twitchy. WHY CAN NOBODY SPELL? I have a theory it’s all the same, demented person with hundreds of different personalities, sending me increasingly crappy stories. Send your stories to other publishers. Just for a few days. I need a break. OR AT LEAST CHECK YOUR SPELLING DEAR LORD THE SPELLING!
Love and Kisses, ElleVee

There’s been a lot of slush today, none of it good. Paying somebody to publish your book does not mean you are a good writer – it means you have enough money to publish a book. THAT. IS. IT.

The Fourth was boring, because I was too lazy to do anything. I slept in, which I enjoyed, then spent most of the day sitting on the roof in the cold, cloudy weather reading A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, which was great. Probably my favorite of his books.

Then I watched Notes On A Scandal with my crazy roommate, who didn’t ‘get’ the movie. I made egg in a basket (the only thing I can actually cook that will not kill me or make me throw up), and went to bed early.

Tonight I’m meeting up with my old journalism class in Union Square for food and drinking.

It’s a slow day. Can you tell?

0 comments:

Post a Comment