Thursday, August 9, 2007

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End (Yeah)

Today is my last day as an intern. Tomorrow begins Elle's Unemployment Adventures!

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm really bummed out that I will not be getting money on a weekly basis. Also, I'll miss the free books, and I really did like working here, in general. On the other hand, I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. I want to be a journalist. So while this job has been fun, and educational, it would be really freaking easy to sit in this cubicle for the next forty years.

I figured I could write some long, in-depth analysis of this job, but if you go through my previous work posts, there isn't anything really profound or final to say. Of course, I could just make the shit up, but I can't see the point in that at the moment.

Someone FINALLY picked the mean option on my quiz. I salute this person's honesty, and if you give me your name and address I will send you a bag of flaming shit delicious, delicious cookies.

The next entries in this blog of mine will be about one of two things: my life as an unemployed college graduate trying to find a job and an apartment, and cultural analysis. After all, I got a fucking degree for it - I should put it to work, right?

That's all for now. This is the last post I will ever type from this office. Ponder that. If anyone has any questions about ANYTHING, feel free to ask them here. At this point, I'll even tell you how to get your slush read by an editor. My little contribution to the decay of society.

May your drug shipments get to your house without issue, or if there is an issue, may someone you hate take all the heat.
- LV

Note 1: Over 100 people have viewed my profile (OK, about half of them are me).
Note 2: I'm debating having a second blog - one solely for cultural/media analysis - so this one can solely be devoted to stuff that goes on OUTSIDE my head. Any suggestions? Comments? Should I do this? Could you pretend to care? Will you hold me while I cry?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive