Wednesday, October 3, 2007

When It Comes To Whining, I'm A Viking!

Another long day. People infuriate me.

Top Questions I Get Asked Each Day:
* Where's the bathroom?
* Where's the cafe?
* How do I get the hell out of here?

I had no idea there were so many erotic horror books out there. Apparently a large portion of the population gets really turned on by the concept of ghost sex/ vampire sex/ werewolf sex. There should be erotic zombie fiction. I'm sure there is somewhere. And I hope I never find it.

I've decided that the most annoying thing in the world is when I'm standing behind a counter, wearing a nametag, and some idiot asks me, "Do you work here?" There's not enough sarcasm out there to fully display the contempt I feel for that question. If I wasn't wearing a rather obvious nametag, I could understand that. Incidentally, if you walk around waving said nametag in a bored, distracted manner, people will come ask you for help. It's like fishing.

I'm a ridiculously immature person, because I'm pissed off that I'm going to miss HOUSE next week due to work. Under the right circumstances, I could have a full-blown temper tantrum. Can you watch HOUSE on the computer anywhere? Does FOX have a website for that? Because I have no idea how to tape shows on my VCR. I don't trust it. Incidentally, HOUSE was awesome last night. Although the number-people were on the screen more than anyone. The scene where House limps down the hallway with a small army of over-eager white jacket-clad would-be helpers is hysterical. That was a lot of hyphens.

The last episode of DOCTOR WHO; SERIES 2 [which I rewatched last night, unwisely] makes me cry harder every single time. Remember when DOCTOR WHO was just funny? There was always a sad, tragic element to the story, but seriously; the degree of just emotional devastation these last two seasons have inspired is insane. That being said, it's one of the three best shows in the history of the universe, and I love every second of it. For those of you who've seen that episode (Doomsday) - was I the only one who wanted to hug the Doctor and tell him, "Everything will be all right"? Then I'd tackle him. But first sympathy.

That's all, really. I'm wiped out, but I have to go to the gym. OK, I don't HAVE to - nobody will die, that I'm aware of, and the apocalypse will not come if I simply fall asleep in front of the TV. But if I ACT like the world will end if I don't do the elephant stretch, it certainly adds a new level of motivation.

May your days be good, your nights be relaxing, and your phones actually work.
- LV

PS FUCKING ROACHES. This was a baby roach, and it was still hideous and awful. OK, it was in the hallway leading TO my apartment, but it could have crawled in and it was AWFUL. It ran into a trap, and I had to throw the whole trap out in the garbage then run away. It was exhausting. Emotionally DEVASTATING. I'm OK now. Carry on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment