Monday, May 5, 2008

Two Months Of Silence

I know, I know, I've been remiss in my blogging (is anybody still out there?)

*insert echoing noise in empty, huge white hallway*

Suffice it to say, I've had a very busy, wonderful, awful, fun, tragic two months, and I'm exhausted. I also haven't felt the need to write, due to all the joy and horror. Too much, if that makes sense. But a few points (good ones, not bad. I don't share bad).

* I saw NEIL GAIMAN read, which was pretty damn cool, although saying hi to MIKE MIGNOLA was much more ass-kicking.
* I've written over 200 pages of my book. It may suck, but damn if it isn't going to get finished.
* I've lost nearly 50 pounds (not in the past two months - since last year), and have gone from a size 12 to a 2 or a 4.
* I'm still unemployed, and have come to loathe job interviews intensely.

I've decreed this week to be TV Turnoff Week For Elle, because I can actually recite some FOOD NETWORK episodes from memory. But I'm still going to watch HOUSE & GOSSIP GIRL. I refuse to give those up. Bite me.

Incidentally, the movie IRON MAN (which I was worried was going to suck ass) was the equivalent of 100 howling orgasms of pure goodness. IRON MAN has always been my favorite superhero, and ROBERT DOWNEY, JR is God. I have proof. You can't see it.

I'm off to coffee with a friend, then to send out an assload of resumes, then to write.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment