Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Post A Day Makes... Good Stuff Happen

338 pages, but I plan on writing more later. It's weird, I feel like I'm writing an awful lot, but page-wise it doesn't add up to much. Weird bit at the moment; Anna's having two concurrent conversations - one with her 'partner', and one with her dead boyfriend who can't talk. It makes sense if you've read the book, which of course no one has.

It was raining torrents this morning, so I tried to rally a group to see DARK KNIGHT. No dice. My friend Aye went to see WALL-E, but it wasn't playing, and my youngest cousin went to see the vile new MUMMY disaster. I stayed at home with the rest of the clan, writing and sulking over various injustices being forced upon Jay, my favorite (and eldest) cousin.

I will say it again: parents suck. And they inflict such pain on their children, such damage, without ever realizing what they've done, or what STUPID SHIT they're getting worked up over. Of course, I can't say anything. I'm supposed to be ignorant of the whole situation. But when the the shit hits, if I'm here, some of it is going to get on me, I can tell you that.

That was a disgusting metaphor. Apologies all around.

I need to stop biting my nails.

CTRL+ALT+DEL has long been my favorite webcomic. Besides being absolutely hilarious, it frequently commented on movies and TV shows I like, and let's me pretend I know anything about gaming. But lately, it's been off a little. The new arc involved a character having a miscarriage. I supported the storyline, mainly because I genuinely believed that the writer, Tim Buckley, could pull it off as a serious story while not completely losing the funny aspects of the comic. And I still do. But it just hasn't been that funny lately, which is disappointing. Oddly enough, or maybe not given their name, the new Sillies section of the website is as funny as any of the original material. I appreciate Tim's attempt to cover serious ground. I really do. He's written some lovely pieces, and is being emotionally honest. I don't even mind the change from his usual pop culture references. But I feel like I've been reading a different comic the past few weeks, and to be honest I don't love it. Tim claims he has an elaborate story arc planned, and I really am trying to have faith in him. He hasn't let me down yet. But damn it, I miss the funny.

That was much longer than I intended.

OK, enough procrastinating. Time to make the words.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment