Monday, June 4, 2007

It Is Not Wise To Fall Asleep During A Meeting On Your First Day

See? I am learning things after college.

I can't even begin to talk about work. It was exhausting. I have a pounding migraine, which I am blaming on the weather. Curse you, WIND! And fuck you, nimbus clouds! I have no idea where that came from, but I hope it doesn't come back.

I really thought I would have something to say about my first day. I have a cubicle. And an extension number. And an E-Mail address. So I'm in the system. I am part of the corporate machinery. It was like a cross between Office Space and The Devil Wears Prada, only less funny, more fat people, and everyone is talking about books instead of clothes or software.

Well, at the very least I'll be making minimum wage [hello, second job] and it will look good on a resume.

Oh, another lesson I've learned about life post-college:
* Things get even more complicated. So don't start relaxing yet, fuckers.

Incidentally,CTRL+ALT+DEL is probably the funniest webcomic I've read in years. Go look for it, for I am too tired to find the link, and you must all learn to be self-sufficient.

Olive: Do you think there's a Heaven?
Frank: Well, it's hard to say, Olive. I don't think anyone knows for sure.
Olive: I know, but what do YOU think?
Frank: Well - um - uh -
Olive: I think there is.
Frank: Think I'll get in?
Olive: Yeah.
Frank: Promise?
Olive: Yeah.
- Little Miss Sunshine

0 comments:

Post a Comment