Saturday, September 15, 2007

Day 37 Of Unemployment: Never Eat At A Restaurant That Says, "Howdy Pardners" On The Menu

Trust me on that one.

I'm bored, so you can read this and share the boredom. The exterminator is coming today, so I get to spend the whole day sitting around waiting for him. I'm afraid to leave the apartment at all, because if he comes while I'm away, I have to wait an entire, roachy month for him to return. And that would lead to madness and much vomiting.

I've tried to be industrious. I cleaned the apartment, put away my laundry, and stared off into space for a solid ten minutes daydreaming about... stuff. But I've been waiting since noon, and I would really like to be able to go get something to eat.

Netflix lost my Jeeves & Wooster. I'm very worried. What if this becomes a trend, and they lose all my movies, then cancel my account? WHAT THEN?! I'm not using Blockbuster - I have many, many issues with that evil behemoth. I thought perhaps my neighbor swiped them (because who could resist the sheer erotic masculinity of Hugh Laurie?) since I was away when they came, but the other two DVDs I had ordered appeared right as they should. It's a mystery, I tell you. Incidentally, there's an excellent Hugh Laurie song CALLED 'Mystery.' Go download it.

So that's all. Elle is bored, and you should be too. Or entertain me. Or bring me food from Chickpea. I am hungry, and longing for hummus pita.

May you have a lovely Saturday and not be stuck in your fucking domicile for the whole damn day.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive