Thursday, October 23, 2008

Whining, Procrastination, & Cartoons

Working on my beekeeping article. I like it so far, but I am cutting it close to the wire - I have 3 1/2 hours before class, and still need to shower. My procrastination skills are epic.

How funny is this? My town is so disorganized that we aren't having the substitute teacher meeting until the end of NEXT month. We're supposed to have one each month. This makes me sad, because my certificate is essentially worthless to these people. Guess I'll have to expand my search to other counties. Which I was going to do anyway, but now I'm doing it with ANGER. And RESENTMENT.

My stomach still hurts. Its existence mocks me. Internal organs are for LOSERS.

In the process of researching my article, I've typed the word 'swarm' so many times that it has lost all meaning. Just say it out loud - 'swarm.' Swarm. Not that I've been saying it out loud, alone, with only my dog to stare at me in bafflement.

Huzzah! According to Netflix, I will be getting my Gossip Girl DVDs any day. It always cracked me up when they went to that bar, Butter. I lived literally three blocks from that place, and never went. Ever. It was too expensive, and most of the people there seemed hellbent on trying to prove how cool they were, and how much fun they were having. Anyway, there was an amazing Japanese restaurant/bar across the street from my old apartment that made these remarkable pink drinks with champagne and angel tears and rainbow ice cubes, and you drank two of those and woke up the next morning with your lipstick smeared and no memory of the previous night, except a nagging suspicion you told a handsome guy you were an astronaut princess. Or something.

But yeah, I love the clothes, and Blair was on House when she was blonde, and I WANT their wardrobes. I COVET them. I also want to live in the alternate reality of New York they inhabit, where everyone has fabulous outfits and constant drama, and Chuck Bass is allowed to wander the streets unprotected. In their New York, they don't have giant killer roaches trying to crawl into your ear and take over your brain. Blake Lively would not stand for such things.

This post is reducing itself to rambling. And I need to finish the article. So. Here I go. Going...
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive