Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sleepy...

I could talk about two days of substitute teaching, and working with severely autistic children, and how much I love it, and the fun adventure of buying the new J.K. Rowling book, or how I am woefully behind in phone calls/E-Mails/text messages, or even how my brother is trying to convince me that Spongebob is somehow inspired by the works of Shakespeare (he's ten, and his logic is pretty brilliant), but I'm not going to.

Because I'm tired. And dealing with stomach issues.

So I'm going to make a list of books I own that I still need to read, and I'll post it when I'm done. I'd already be sleeping, but I promised my sibling I'd watch Home Improvement with him, and it's at 9:00 P.M. I may pass out before then. And I have work again tomorrow, so I need my rest. I get first graders tomorrow. So far I've had second graders, third graders, and fourth graders.

This severely autistic little girl looked at me, said, "One day, I will be a woman just like you," and hugged me round the middle. I nearly bawled, especially when the other helpers told me she doesn't like touching people.

Kids can be awesome. When they aren't drooling or sneezing or screaming
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment