Monday, December 1, 2008

Work Is Tough

A long, semi-productive day. For the people who called/text me today, I apologize - my phone was nearly dead, and I had to preserve all my batteries for phone calls of an important nature.

I spent the day at the mall, applying at every store that was hiring. My hands hurt from filling out job applications. My face hurts from smiling at people in the hopes that they would give me a job. And my head hurts from the music half these goddamn stores insist on blasting at top volume. Being forced to scream to ask for a job does not bode well.

All in all, I applied to about twenty stores, most of which were hiring. And I had an 'interview' at Victoria's Secret, sort of. And I applied at Borders (and bought books, because I HAVE A PROBLEM, AND IT WAS SO HARD TO GO INTO ZARA AND NOT BUY THE PRETTY GREEN COAT THAT WAS MEANT FOR ME! DEAR GOD WHY MUST MY LOVE BE UNFULFILLED AND SO EXPENSIVE?). And now I'm going to lie here and sulk, because no matter where I look I can't find my goddamn copy of Hellboy 2, and I'm starting to wonder if I even bought it, even though I KNOW I did, and it's even listed on my LibraryThing, and LT would NEVER lie to me.

So I'm going to be sad, and long for my Hellboy trade paperback, and the forbidden green coat of love, and watch the Hellboy movies, because Ron Perlman makes me happy. And I'll E-Mail and call and text people tomorrow. Honest.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment