Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FINALLY

* I finished Nixonland. Let there be dancing in the streets, and general merriment. Great, great book. George McGovern is the MAN. And how can you NOT love a protest group that stages a 'puke-in?'

* I'm sick, with a stomach bug/sinus infection/Depressionitis, but I have work soon. This is sad. My head is POUNDING. And I still have bug bites ALL OVER my legs and stomach and back and arms, AND I got the date of The Castle wrong, AND I missed House on Monday and didn't even feel bad about it, because frankly I'm getting sick of certain aspects of the show, AND I want to go back to sleep. LIFE IS CRUEL. (I kid, I kid. Well, all those things are true, and I'm not happy about any of it, but I'm not quite as self-pitying as I may sound."

* I need to get a counter for the Watchmen movie. OPENING DAY, I am seeing it. I don't care WHAT I HAVE TO DO, I AM GOING, AND IF IT SUCKS, I WILL...... um.... WRITE A SUPER-ANGRY BLOG ENTRY THAT WILL DEVASTATE ZACH SYNDER! SO THERE.

* Truck Nutz: What. The. Fuck.

* Next I'm going to be reading Little House On The Prairie, because when the economy collapses and we're all DOOMED, it will probably be useful to know how to whittle shit. Incidentally, The Shit-Whittler sounds like a very funny book.

* As a dear friend of mine pointed out a few days ago, "You know some stuff about politics, but you sort of undermine your authority by squealing like a groupie whenever Obama comes onscreen." Well if that's wrong, then damn it, I don't want to be right.

* Haha, Confessions Of A Shopaholic SUCKS. Those trailers made my EYES BLEED. WATCH:

BECAUSE WOMEN AND MEN ARE DIFFERENT. THIS IS FUNNY. LAUGH AT THIS REVOLUTIONARY OBSERVATION. AND WOMEN LIKE SHOPPING, AND ARE SO BAD AT MATH THAT THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHIN THEIR MEANS. AND BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO GOOGLE THEIR NEW JOB DESCRIPTION WHILE AT WORK, WITH THE BOSS NEARBY. AND BECAUSE TRUE LOVE CAN ONLY BE FOUND WHEN THE GUY 'SPEAKS PRADA.' AND THE GUY IS HOT AND FALLS FOR A DUMB GIRL WITH A PINK LAPTOP. JESUS FREAKING CHRIST. DO YOU SEE HOW SHOUTY THIS HAS MADE ME?! THE BOOK SUCKED TOO!
Plus, I want Isla Fischer's hair. It is very pretty and red, and deserves a head NOT in a sucky movie. Stop hair abuse.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when Elle gets inordinately angry about something very, very stupid.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment