Thursday, September 11, 2008

Poor Life Choices

"Oh," I said, "it's 11:00 P.M. And I have to get up very early tomorrow to do big important things. So I'll smoke my last cigarette of the day, write for a few more minutes, and be in bed my 11:30 P.M., 12:00 A.M. at the very latest. Smart!"

Fast forward.

It's 12:45 A.M.

I am totally wired from writing.

"Oh shit," says I. "I am a goddamn moron. I have to be up in seven hours and go to my dad's work, where he is storing most of my DVDs, and decide which of them I'm going to sell, before he up and sells all of them. And yes, my hair is indeed fabulous, but how will that help me when I'm trying to make important decisions about life, and which DVDs to sell for money? How, I ask? And why do I continue to write my internal monologue on my blog [that RHYMES] when I should be sleeping? These are terrible, terrible life choices, LV. I'm disappointed in you."

Also, my main character speaks with a southern accent, which I'm writing out. As a result, I have to keep reminding myself to add the 'g' to many of these words, otherwise you'd find yourself readin somethin that sounds lazy, but is in actuality just my tired brain workin overtime to seem pretentious and erudite.

I may have misused the word erudite.

Shit.

I'm goin to sleep.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment