Monday, December 24, 2007

SIx Minutes Until Christmas

Weird day. I didn't talk to a single person I wasn't related to.

Being home, in my parent's home, gives me a disjointed, detached feeling from the rest of the world. I could live and die in this house and nobody would ever know. It's scary, really.

The holidays always make me weird. I'm never sure how to feel at any moment.

Plus, reading the collected works of WILL CHRISTOPHER BAER is enough to make anyone a little loopy. Sad and beautiful and funny and diseased. Most people might not consider this appropriate holiday reading material, but it sums up my emotions pretty well.

I have this nagging, awful feeling I forgot to do something. And while I have a very clear memory of actually doing it, I can't shake this unease. It's quite annoying.

Maybe I'm just scared of flying. I need to be pretty sedated to get on a plane.

Two minutes until Christmas.

I miss my friends, and my life. The holidays are a pause. Take a breath. Then continue on with normal life. Or something.

One minute until Christmas.

May you all have a happy holiday, or a tolerable one. May my plane land safely and my paranoia abate.
- LV

PS It's Christmas. Doesn't feel any different. Remember when it was such a big deal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment