Sunday, January 27, 2008

Joss Whedon Quotes

Joss Whedon is one of my heroes, because no matter what he does, he makes characters you care about. He's also incredibly funny and talented, although he has, in EVERY SHOW HE'S EVER DONE, killed off my favorite characters. Every. Single One. OK, one was the movie, but it COUNTS. We have a complicated relationship.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn."

"I'm working on 'Buffy: Deep Space Nine.' It will be dark and badly received."

"The network called up and said 'We piggybacked you on the deal for another show,' I'm like 'Okay, so what you're saying to my writers is that they weren't picked up when they thought they were and now that they are it was because of something that has nothing to do with them. Okay. Great. Stop calling'."

"Let freedom ring, unless it's on vibrate."

"My visions of the future are always pretty much standard issue. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and there are flying cars."

"Very occasionally, if you really pay attention, life doesn’t suck."

"I know there's been some debate about the DVD art. Just remember it's what's INside that counts, as I used to remind girls in high school constantly. CONSTANTLY - until I realized that I was empty inside. Empty and homely. Man, that's a rough combo."

"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

"The actors can make up their dialogue. I'm bushed, and they're all funny, and the hell with it. Maybe I'll give them a premise to work off of, like 'You're all in trouble' or 'Wash has a thing.' They could maybe light it too."

"People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy."

"I'd rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see."

"Actually, I really did copy the entire script of 'Outlaw Star.' I really didn't do any of that, I'm sorry I deluded so many people into thinking I'm not a sham."

0 comments:

Post a Comment