Friday, January 4, 2008

The New Year Is Totally Unnecessary

But I got a new iPod, and a new computer, and am now spectacularly broke, so things are back to normal. And I'm back on the east coast, so all is well.

Saw WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY last night. It was funny and stupid and a lot of the jokes didn't work, but the music was surprisingly great, and John C. Reilly is fantastic [and I've liked him since before anyone, so BITE ME].

Also:
Jack White as Elvis
Justin Long as George Harrison
Paul Rudd as John Lennon
Jason Schwartzman as Ringo Starr
Jack Black as Paul McCartney
Jewel, Lyle Lovett, Jackson Browne, and Timbaland doing a tribute to Mr. Cox
Eddie FUCKING Vedder

That was worth the ticket price alone.

My birthday is in two days. I think that's why I want to set so many things on fire. Are CDs supposed to make grinding noises in the drive of your new computer? Very bad noise.

This is the first year I didn't make a list of resolutions. But I'll make one today, and we can all laugh at the false hopes for self-improvement. Trivia: who said it was like masturbation? Winner gets a prize.

Anyone see Obama PWN everyone last night? The man LOOKS like a President. And he gave a brilliant speech. But I wish politicians would be assholes to each others' faces. "My opponent fucks puppies." "My respected opponent pisses on the graves of orphans." It would be funny. And a lot more honest.

Hope the year hasn't kicked you too hard in the nuts yet.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment