Friday, December 11, 2009

They're Like Sex, Except I'm Having Them!

Blog
* Oh, Fry. I don't know whether to judge you or hug you. Title is from Futurama.

* Sullen Skrewt is another one of those artists that I love because they're so talented, but I also sort of hate because they're so talented. I mean, LOOK AT THIS:

Joker abstract by *sullen-skrewt on deviantART
I LOVE this. Then again, Joker art needs to exist everywhere I am. I think my love outweighs the hate here, because she makes art of SUPREME WIN. When I'm rich, I will buy much of it. For my castle. In England. Shut up.

Freakangels Friday
* Huzzah, for Warren Ellis, eater of babies and fucker of zombies, has gifted us peons with another chapter of FREAKANGELS, and the world makes sense... until I stop reading, of course. Then it all goes to shit.

Daily Buy
* This warrants SUPER CAPSLOCKS.

[Found at Alter Ego Comics]
WHY DO I NOT OWN THIS DOC HOLLIDAY FIGURE? WHY IS IT NOT MINE? DOC FUCKING HOLLIDAY IS EASILY ONE OF THE TOP THREE MOST BAMF IN HISTORY, AND I LOVE HIM, AND NOW I NEED TO RENT TOMBSTONE.

Oh, and you can remove the pistol rounds, although I don't know WHY you'd want to do that. I just want to keep him safe from disease and loneliness. So, someone loan me $250, OK?

Holiday!Fail
* Well, if you need me, I'll be in the corner canceling Christmas:

[Found at Santa, No!]

Girly Shit
* I kind of stopped liking Salma Hayek after a while, because she got boring and stopped being made of epic win. But she looks fabulous in this Campari ad, and I think we all need to admit that:

[Found at Letters From The End Consumer]
Also her breasts have super-powers, and if she felt like it she could use them to rule the world. TRUTH.
PS, Salma, you were totally awesome in From Dusk 'Till Dawn, even if you did make Quentin Tarantino sad.

Dollhouse
* So when they announced the cancellation of Dollhouse, I didn't say much, nor was I that surprised, because:
A) It's FOX and Joss Whedon, and these things happen
B) Firefly got canceled, and Firefly was better than Dollhouse
C) Dollhouse only got renewed (in my opinion), because of the shit storm that followed the cancellation of Firefly
D) Dollhouse may have some of the best episodes Joss Whedon has ever filmed, but it's also his most uneven show yet.
E) While I have seen everything Joss Whedon has done, I am not a blind Whedonite. I thought Angel was better than Buffy, I am TIRED of his strong female lead, and I think Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog was his best work yet because he wasn't TRYING, he was just having fun.
F) I don't think Eliza Dushku is particularly fantastic, but what's worse, I dislike both Echo AND Caroline.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Dollhouse. Well, parts of it. I love Topher and Whiskey and of COURSE, I worship Alpha Wash.
Yeah, I was sad, but I wasn't surprised, and I don't think it was ENTIRELY unjustified (except that Omega One may be one of the best hours on TV ever).

THEN, of course, Joss Whedon has to go and SCREW WITH MY HEAD, AGAIN, by releasing some freaking AMAZING episodes that are epic and brilliant and clever and ALL the good words, and now I am upset it's being cancelled, and tonight Alpha Wash comes back, and it will make me feel worse that the show is being cancelled, because NOW you decide to be amazing, Mr. Whedon? THAT IS NOT FAIR.

Daily Hot Guy

[Eric Stoltz. THE STOLTZ. With a beard. You're welcome.]

Whut?

[Found at Geekologie]
It's a ring that features a dinosaur eating a fried chicken leg.

No, I don't know. And I don't plan on finding out.

Zombies
* ZOMBIE BOARD GAME:

[Found at Nerd Approved]
Teach your children about the End Of Times, and have fun too!

OK, Friday, let's go.
- LV

PS, if you aren't following this blog on Twitter, the forces of evil will descend upon your home. Not my fault. Just the way things ARE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive