Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What The Hell Kind Of Language Is That?

Blog
* Cultural sensitivity knows no boundaries. Title is from Cannibal! The Musical.

* Stina is one of the most talented writers I know, and her brain is actually sort of scary because she's so effing talented. I love her writing, and her horror is actually scary and intense, unlike mine, which gets distracted and makes fun of itself. Anyway, read her work.

PLUS, her blog is SNOWING. SERIOUSLY.


Daily Buy
* ZOMBIES.

[Found at Amazon]
Left For Dead 2: EVEN MORE ZOMBIES FOR ME TO KILL. I played L4D, but only at the homes of sympathetic friends, because I don't have an XBOX360, or a PC (STUPID MAC). But I need this, for so many obvious reasons, and I suppose that means I also need this:

[Found at Best Buy]
And a TV. And, you know, many cords to hook it up. But it's worth it. ZOMBIES, GUYS. ZOMBIES.


Holiday!Fail
* You know, I just think I should stop clicking on links sent by Warren Ellis:

[Found at Santa, NO!]
WHAT DID YOU DO TO PRANCER? OH THE HUMANITY!

Books
* I love how books smell. And that makes me a scientist, apparently, GO ME:
Matija Strlic and colleagues write in the ACS's Analytical Chemistry about "material degradomics," a techniques by which the odors emanating from old books are noninvasively analyzed to figure out which books are rotting and need preservation

So.... the smell is the smell of books DYING? That's horrible! It's the smell of DEAD LITERATURE? I need a hug. Books are supposed to live forever. So if you have a good nose, you should offer it up for smelling the health of books, so we can preserve them. It's your DUTY.

Nostalgia!Win
* Do you remember Lite Brite? Best toy ever, yeah? And I had this one:

[Found at Topless Robot]
No, you are NOT hallucinating: THAT IS TALESPIN LITE BRITE. I KNOW. And I had the My Little Pony set, and the Muppets set. And the Fraggle Rock set.
But I did not have the Mr. T set. I didn't even know it EXISTED. What else did my parents keep from me?
Here are the 10 Awesomest Lite Brite sets. I miss Lite Brite.

Doctor WHo
* I'm just pretending End of Time isn't happening. It's easier for me. So let's all look at this pretty Doctor Who picture that has NO IMPLICATIONS OR SPOILERS WHATSOEVER. Click to embiggen it:


Daily Hot Guy

[Taye Diggs. Dude's a geek, and a good husband and father. Um. And he can sing. Really well. Yeah, I need to stop typing now.]

People I Love
* There are spoilers in this video of Tim Roth, but it is worth being spoiled, because the video is SO epic:


Movie!Fail
* The Karate Kid remake continues to destroy my faith in humanity:

[Found at Collider]
I don't even care anymore. Will Smith's spawn is ruining my childhood memories.

TeeVee
* Who sent me this brilliant chart about Supernatural?

[Found at Cracked]
I need to reward you for your genius.

But Bela and Dean still have angry hate sex, right? RIGHT?

Awesome
1. awesomesistance
n. 1: the act of assisting, in the discovery of awesomeness/something awesome.

2: the act of assisting one to become more awesome.
I'm glad I could be of awesomesistance.

KAISHA INVENTED THIS WORD, AND I WAS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. SWEET.

Words Of Win

[Found at Autocomplete Me]
I think goats are my favorite animals.

I can go back to sleep now, yeah?
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive