Friday, November 6, 2009

Fight Now, Cry Later.

Blog
* Seth Gecko: Life Coach. Title is from From Dusk 'Till Dawn, which is still one of my favorite movies, and you should all watch it because STRIPPER VAMPIRES and SEXY QUENTIN TARANTINO.

FREAKANGELS FRIDAY
* GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, WARREN ELLIS. WHY IS THERE AN INTERLUDE? WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOUR LOYAL FANS? AND I WANT YOUR WEEKLY T-SHIRTS AND THAT COFFEE MUG. FRIDAY IS RUINED, MR. ELLIS. It's a pretty interlude, though.

Oh, wow. I just READ the interlude, and artist Paul Duffield UNDERSTANDS the pain he is putting us through. He expected my rage. Truly he is a minor wizard, learning at the mad, terrifying side of Mr. Ellis. Also, there's new stuff at the FREAKANGELS store, and I can pretend I have the money to buy such things.

And the FREAKANGELS WALLPAPER is pretty.


Fandom
* Star Wars fans are weird:

[Found at Topless Robot]
This may be the ultimate fandom cake, but it's also the weirdest one I've seen EVER. I'm a member of MULTIPLE fandoms, and I have to say, I've never been inspired to eat the organs of any of the characters.

Also, is that a tiny Luke Skywalker jammed in there? Do not want. You can eat that. Really. I'm not hungry.

Sequel!Fail
* Dear Eddie Murphy:
Remember when you were funny and awesome and sort of brilliant? And you made movies like Coming to America and Trading Places and 48 Hours? Those were good movies.

Then something happened. Maybe you tried a new drug and had an allergic reaction. Maybe you spent to much time rolling around naked in money. I don't know your life. But you started making bad movies. Really bad movies. The Adventures of Pluto Nash. Norbit (WHICH WON AN OSCAR, A FACT I AM STILL INSANE ABOUT). Meet Dave.

Now you're planning Beverly Hills Cop 4. The first Beverly Hills Cop is fun, in that 'it's a crappy movie but it doesn't take itself seriously at ALL' way that certain movies can cultivate.

I doubt the fourth one will be good. The second and third weren't good. I still have the VHS for the second movie, for reasons I don't understand, and really, not your finest hour. Maybe work on good movies? Or take a nap? I think you could use a nap.

Plus, I refuse to see Dreamgirls because I hate two of the actors in it. Not you, Mr. Murphy, but you aren't exactly endearing yourself to me.

Make a good movie again? Please?
Love, LV

PS I thought your voice work in Shrek was brilliant. I also really liked Bowfinger.

TeeVee
* I maintain, and always will, that the original Twilight Zone is one of the scariest television shows ever made in the history of the universe. So happy 50th, Rod Serling's brain baby! That episode with the doll? TALKING TINA? And the episode where there were clones of everyone? I cried.

Geek Want
* I know Halloween is over (because I had the best Halloween, ever), but this costume is so freaking sweet that I feel we need to pause and appreciate it:

[Found at KimNCris]
I love this guy. BEST BENDER COSTUME EVER. I salute you, sir. YOU EVEN HAVE ROBOT OIL.

Daily Hot Guy

[Jeffrey Dean Morgan, AKA John Winchester, AKA The Comedian, who is the hottest crazy father EVER, and even though the finale of season two of Supernatural was totally ridiculous, it was also AMAZING and fabulous, and I only like him as John Winchester. And no, I refuse to watch him in Gray's Anatomy. I refuse to watch that show. I often pretend it doesn't exist.]

Awesome
* So I don't think I should play this game:

[Found at Boing Boing]
Because it starts out as a joke, then I get obsessive, then you find me standing on the roof in a mini-skirt with high boots and a homemade crown, pretending I'm Tina Turner from Beyond The Thunderdome. Which has nothing to do with this game, but now I sort of think this would be a great way to spend the day. Who has a flame-thrower I could borrow?

Movie!Win
* I am sickeningly excited about the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. It looks gorgeous. I love Terry Gilliam (But I'm still happy he didn't direct Watchmen) and I even sit through his terrible movies that make no sense and sadden me with their sort of awful (coughcoughTIDELANDcoughcough)(SERIOUSLY. Did you see that movie? WHAT WAS GOING ON?)

And I thought Heath Ledger was a fantastic actor. Did you see his performance in Monster's Ball? (I could mention the more obvious, but let me just say, again, that he was SHAFTED out of an Oscar for Brokeback Mountain. Think what you will about the movie, or the hype, but I loved it and I cried and I LOVED it.

Anyway, here's the trailer for Imaginarium:

I can't wait for it to come out. Even if it might make me cry. Because 10 Things I Hate About You was on TV the other day, and when the part came on where Mr. Ledger sings, I started bawling. But that might be my problems talking.

Childhood!Fail
* WOW, BBC. WOW.
The BBC has defended a decision to change the ending of nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty.

A version used on the CBeebies channel was altered so rather than "couldn't put Humpty together again" all the King's horses "made Humpty happy again".

WOW. I highly doubt that it was done for 'creative reasons' as you claim. I mean, COME ON. HE'S AN EGG. YOU CANNOT PUT EGGS BACK TOGETHER.

Also, it's a metaphor. Also, BBC, Little Miss Muffet was NOT friends with the spider. WHY ARE YOU TURNING MOTHER GOOSE INTO A HOUSE OF LIES?!

Wow
* I saw The Others, mostly because of Christopher Eccelston, and it was a good and creepy movie. But I don't like to see ACTUAL pictures of dead people. Especially when you pose them. You shouldn't pose the dead. I feel very strongly about this. And opening their eyes so they STARE at you? It just freaks me out. A lot. I'm sorry, but it does. Now I want to watch The Others again. That was a damn good movie.

And no, I'm not posting pictures. They make me sad. Especially the little kids posed with their siblings. Click the link to see. Historically, it's a fascinating trend. Personally, I'm glad it's over.

Animals
* We have wild turkeys around here. They are big ugly bastards, and once when I was younger they chased my car up the street. Stop laughing, they're really quite terrifying.

SEE?

Girly!Want
* This is a shoe:

[Found at Geekologie]
I don't know if I want to wear it, because I'm not sure how it goes on the foot. But I DO want to own it. So I can study it. Seriously, HOW DOES IT WORK? I am scared, a little. Footwear should not cause such anxiety.

Blah Blah Blah.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive