Monday, November 30, 2009

Youth Is Truth! I Wish 'Old' Rhymed With 'Lies!'

Blog
* Maybe it does, maybe it does. Title is from Mr. Show.

Daily Buy
* I know what I want for Christmas:

[Found at Like Cool]
It's a TANK. A TANK. I need this. Because then I get to pretend I'm in Firefly, and wear a leather skirt and, like, a halter top and have big Tina Turner in Beyond the Thunderdome hair, and this thing has FLAME THROWERS, PEOPLE. I could live in this tank.
And it's a steal at $19,999.95. YOU CAN BUY IT ON AMAZON.

People I Love
* Here's an article from NY Magazine about Neil Patrick Harris, and how totally wonderful and made of win he is. AND HE'S A MAGICIAN. DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?

Fandom
* I don't like Pokemon, and I don't like math, but I sort of love this:

[Found at Geekologie]

Movie!Fail
* We don't need another Amityville Horror remake. Really, we've had enough. The last one only got a pass because of Ryan Reynold's arms. And before you call that shallow, have you SEEN his arms? They end most arguments. They are very good arms.

This is not from Amityville Horror, but I like it for many reasons. Anyway, unless you want to feature another sexy guy going crazy shirtless, I am calling this Movie!Fail.

TeeVee
* Remember all those 'baby' cartoons that came out for a while? Tiny Toon Adventures was one of my favorites. Wasn't there a Looney Toons Babies or something? I remember being very scared of Bugs Bunny in a diaper. Here's a list of the best and worst, according to Topless Robot. Yes, Topless Robot did expose us all to the Fan Fiction Friday I posted yesterday. But there's NONE OF THAT in this link. I promise. I couldn't handle that.

Daily Hot Guy

[Neil Patrick Harris, AKA NPH, and I SWEAR I do not plan this stuff out, the Blog just knows who I'm talking about and acts accordingly. It's a little scary, if I stop and think about it.]

Awesome
* If you've seen this, you need to see it again. If you haven't seen it, you need to be exposed to the endless glory of this video:

That should get us all through Monday, right?

Movie!Win
* The title of this category is literal, as some dude bought an old film off of eBay, for less than $6.00 (did that include shipping and handling? Probably not, they KILL you on the shipping), and it turned out to be the Lost Charlie Chaplin film. Stuff like this actually HAPPENS? I worked at a video store, and the rarest film I ever saw was the VHS copy of Cold As Ice.

I still regret not purchasing it.

Childhood!Fail
* Now hold the hell up. I know that kids these days are cuddled and over-indulged and protected from everything, but really, this is starting to get scary.

When it snows, and there is a hill, a kid drags a sleigh up the hill, and sleds down it, and it is fun and exciting and teaches you to avoid crashing into cars or trees or other people. IT IS GOOD FOR YOU.

Well, some parents have decided that dragging those heavy sleighs up those HUGE hills is just too much for their delicate little flowers:

{Found at Like Cool]
Sleds on your ass. So you can run up the hill and slide down on your ass. Because sleds are LAME, it seems. THIS IS CRAP. NO. YOU DRAG THE SLEIGH UP AND IT BUILDS CHARACTER. I LOVED MY LITTLE RED SLEIGH WHEN I WAS GROWING UP.
And you know what? If I was a little kid, and saw another kid with their butt encased in plastic, I'd kick them. Repeatedly. Because that's what kids DO.
How much do you want to bet that this kids' name is Chair Universe Artichoke Dream or something?

Wow
* Longtime blog readers will recall the time I tried to sell some very ugly handmade scarves on Etsy. I felt bad for charging money for such things, although they never sold, so my guilt was short-lived.
This made me feel better about the whole venture:

[Found at Regretsy]
I like the bit where she designed it. Because I used to do that with unbent paper clips when I was bored.

Animals
* BABY MONKEY DAW:

[Found at Jacksonville News]
Bonobo babies are snuggly. I want to rub its little head.

Mondays HURT, man.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive