Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Crisis!

SHIT. I fucked up. And I don't know how to fix it.

Here's the problem. Anyone who offers me a solution will get a special thanks if this fucker ever gets published.

OK, in Chapter one dude dies, Death comes to get him, they leave for the Underworld.

In Chapter two, it is the next afternoon. And lots of character stuff happens that needs to happen.

Chapter three (which, as we all know, used to be chapter 2) occurs immediately after chapter one. as in, at the most a few minutes later. but how can chapter two be so much later? HUH?! I could always include a line about time working differently (which it does, but I originally planned for time to move more SLOWLY in the Underworld. So what the fuck do I do? I really like the organization of chapters 1, 2, and 3, but the timeline doesn't work.

And I'm completely and utterly stuck. Maybe I should put day headers on the tops of the chapters (IE, Chapter One - Tuesday. Chapter Two - Wednesday. Chapter Three - Tuesday, etc. But that seems stupid and gimicky and I don't like it. I could leave it as is, but I'm worried people would be confused, or think that Death and this poor dead dude have been wandering around for over 12 hours. And I REFUSE to ditch chapter 3. I LIKE chapter 3.

So please, please, please. If you have any suggestions on how to fix this, I would be eternally grateful, and your best friend, and saw awfully nice stuff about you for a long time. Like forever.

Off to ponder the problem.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive