Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Words Words Words

Received two books I have to review today (although I'm not getting paid for either).

Trying to write, but this chapter is hard, because I don't know why Thanatos decided to become human (temporarily), and he isn't telling me. Smug feathered bastard. But he's become a much more complicated character than I originally imagined; arrogant and proud and insecure and loyal and duplicitous and jealous and loving, a coward with a stubborn streak, an opportunist with a conscience. He may be my favorite character. Neil comes in at second, because he's funny and insane and misunderstood, and always says the wrong things.

I've come to love all the characters. In the beginning, I didn't. I didn't know them. But 144 pages in, I have a pretty good bead on them all: Thanatos, trying to balance what is right with getting ahead; Neil, doing the right thing in the worst way possible; Violet, scared and disbelieving, but refusing to give up; David, completely over his head and always playing catch-up; and even Death, with all his arrogance and cruelty, for being an hysterical, insufferable blowhard. And there are still a few characters we have to meet.

This was a good post; now I want to go back and write them, and find out what happens next.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive