Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Finished Chapter Two

Which is now Chapter Three, and am working on the replaced Chapter Two. So the structure has thrown me a little bit. In fact, that first sentence doesn't make much sense.

So Chapter One is done, and I refuse to look at it for a while, or I'll panic and start editing. And never stop.

Chapter Three is done, but it needs a lot of tweaking. I need a better description of the Underworld, because right now it sounds like someone's grody basement. Which is not what I'm going for. Also I need to add details about the Door, because it's kind of important, and supposed to be scary and beautiful. I'll be adding a lot of details, and some dialogue.

Chapter Two is coming along, albeit fitfully. It's hard to write about regular people after having spent some time among gods. Poor Violet. Homework, class, job, AND people dying around her. Very stressful. And it's going to get a lot worse for her before it gets any better. If it ever gets better.

It's snowing like crazy here. I love it. I curl up in my apartment like a bear in her cave (only I have books and DVDs and writing to do). Cold weather like this puts me in the mood for horror movies. So, I've watched MISERY, and am currently enjoying the hot guys of RED DRAGON. Next is DAWN OF THE DEAD (the remake), which I have memorized.

In a few minutes I'm going to venture out for sushi. I'm very pleased with how the writing is going. Even if the whole exercise fails, and it sucks so bad it makes the reader go blind, it's good practice for writing longer pieces. But to be honest, I'm just having fun writing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive