Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day - 4:00 P.M.



This, which I ganked off of Gawker, is hilarious on about three levels. I want to party with these guys. Well, not really. But I admire how scary they are, and how annoyed they are with the camera-phone dude.

Things The TV No Longer Needs To Reiterate
* This is the longest campaign in U.S. history.
* John McCain is old.
* This election will change history.
* Barack Obama is black.
* We have the biggest voter turnout in history.
* Barack Obama will be the first black president.
* John McCain will be the oldest president elected for the first time.
* The polling lines are long.
* Sarah Palin is a woman.
* Sarah Palin will be the first female Vice President.
* This election has been about the economy and terrorism.

How come, after months of the media claiming that race has NOTHING to do with Obama's campaign, today I have seen at least half a dozen black politicians talking about what a factor race has been in this election? Did I miss something?

Tim Robbins, why must you shame me? I loved you so in The Shawshank Redemption, and you made me tolerate Meg Ryan in the underrated I.Q.. And I was so happy when you finally won an Oscar for Mystic River, because you were brilliant and sad, and even though you are ten feet taller than me I wanted to hug you and tell you everything would be all right, until Sean Penn shows up and bitch-slaps you for being a spoiled ass. Gawker shows me many things. Mayhap I should be paying them money. If I had any.

The people on FOX News seem to be having a collective anxiety attack. I haven't seen anyone smile in hours, except for that sort of braying, panic-induced laughter right before the gun fires.

I think I just tore a hole in the time-space continuum. I was watching a video clip from FOX News about the Black Panthers thing in Philadelphia on my laptop, when they showed the same video on FOX News, and then they showed another video of the same Black Panther incident. And I kind of think the Black Panther who was interviewed made a good point. Yes, big angry guy with a nightstick is scary, but you see the FOX News Team hanging outside your polling station, you turn tail and RUN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive