Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day - 6:00 P.M.

I've been blogging for over ten hours straight. My eyes are having trouble focusing, and I have a killer migraine. Soon, it will be time to switch to alcohol. And we're still waiting for the polls to close.

Sarah Palin would like to wake up as the Vice-President-elect? I'd like to wake up as Angelina Jolie. Or Victoria Beckham. I'm flexible. And MY wish wouldn't cause international chaos. Or at least the chaos would be funny, instead of potentially devastating.

Ah, exit polls:
* 63% who said Iraq was a top issue voted for Obama. 36% voted for McCain. That's surprising, frankly. I thought security would be a big McCain win.
* 10% said Iraq was the top issue, making the above statistic less happy for me.
* 62% of voters said the economy was the top issue. No surprises there.
* 86% if people worried about terrorism voted for McCain.
* 9% of voters say top issue is terrorism. So that makes me feel better about the above statistic.
* 7% said energy was the top issue
* 51% said the government needs to do more to solve problems.
* 70% worry that there will be another terrorist attack.
* 32% are not worried about affordable healthcare.
* 28% oppose offshore drilling.
* 70% predict their taxes will go up under Obama.
* 49% feel their taxes will go up no matter what.
* 67% think Biden would be a good President.
* 38% think Palin would be a good President. In other news, Palin's husband and children were arrested for illegally voting hundreds of thousands of times on exit polls. In my mind.
* 50% said Obama has the experience to be President.

Rudy Giuliani seriously needs to get off the goddamn screen and stop being snarky. He's so smug and condescending. Unless he's rigged all the machines in the country, I really hope he's just excited over the Yankees' lineup for next season.

Sarah Palin just called this a "historical" event. I cherish these moments, Ms. Palin. Really, I do. Let's not have any more. I don't need another four years of laughing at a politician's grammar, then sobbing uncontrollably when I remember they have the nuclear codes.

Gawker, who I should work for because I love them even when they are cruel, has posted information on exit polls. Keep in mind exit polls are useless. They mean NOTHING. THIS IS NO TIME TO START PANICKING. When it is time to start panicking, I will lead the panic parade, and the confetti will be confetti of TEARS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive