Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day - 12:00 A.M.

11:01 P.M.
MSNBC IS CALLING BARACK OBAMA AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. I THINK MY SPINE JUST EXPLODED WITH JOY! Allow me a brief FREAK OUT OF HAPPINESS. MY CAP LOCKS ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH TO EXPRESS THE HAPPY! HOLY SHIT!

11:03 P.M.
MSNBC has been showing several MINUTES of people in various parts of the country screaming. Just screaming. I am dancing around my house like a cracked-out mime, and do not care!

11:05 P.M.
My face hurts from grinning. In other news, Florida STILL hasn't decided. They are not invited to ANY of the parties.

11:08 P.M.
Chris Matthews can barely contain his glee. If it turns out he didn't win, by some sick twist of fate, all the news reporters in the country will have to flee.

11:12 P.M.
I'm done blogging, for all purposes, but I keep going. McCain called and conceded. Is it really over? It can't be over. But it is. And I'm really proud that my country did right. You done good, America.

11:50 P.M.
I'm crying a little bit, and for once I'm not ashamed. This is a beautiful night. McCain's concession speech was actually solid and decent, although I got the feeling he wanted to punch Palin in the mouth. I juts want to hear President-Elect Barack Obama speak. Then I will sleep, and I will be happy. Because Barack Obama won the fucking election. And I'm going to be repeating that for weeks. Months, maybe. And always with a dazed smile on my face. I feel lucky to have been a part of this - to have voted for what I believed in, and to feel connected to my country in such a profound way. THIS is America. This means so much to so many people.

I'm signing off now, to watch President-Elect Barack Obama speak, and get some well-deserved sleep.

Thanks to everyone who read, commented, and voted (in the election, not my poll). I'll do a normal update tomorrow, probably still giddy from the sweet ambrosia of democracy.
- ElleVee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive