Saturday, January 9, 2010

That's What Keeps Me Alive, Perversion & Star Quality.

Blog
* Perversion is a powerful life-giving force. Title is from Russell Brand, who I still love despite his terrible taste in women. YEAH I WENT THERE.

Ad!Win
* SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING OMG RUN:

This logo has a smile that represents happy customers. The smile is also an arrow pointing from A to Z, suggesting they have everything from A to Z.

I don't think Amazon needs any subliminal messaging. I think the fact that they sell everything I want in the universe is sort of enough. There are more ways the ads are manipulating you here.

House!Win
* I'm trying to get more organized. Here we will include products that make home life more fun and exciting for everyone, or at least look nifty as hell. Like this steamer, which allows you to steam eggs and veg without boiling hot water cooking your tender skin:

[Found at Incredible Things]
Or you could fill it with jello and WHIP it at the head of someone who is annoying you. Just a thought.

Social Networking
* This category will be about the wins and fails that afflict all of us who use these wonderful, confounding sites.

[Found at Hey Kobe]
OK.... maybe not EVERYONE. Reason number 1 you should NEVER allow your parents on Facebook.

Art
* Now, THIS is art I can understand:

My Painting Has Crashed from James Théophane Jnr on Vimeo.


[Found at Neatorama]
I want this guy to design all my art. From now on.

Food!Fail
* Apparently I enjoy ruining the good times of others, particularly if they occur at fast food restaurants. In a nutshell, Fast-Food Soda fountains may have POO in them:
A scary 48 percent of machine beverages tested contained coliform bacteria – which can originate in fecal matter....

"Coliform bacteria was detected in 48 percent of the beverages," the team's abstract states. "More than 11 percent of the beverages analyzed contained Escherichia coli [E. coli]."

Most of the bacteria identified were resistant to antibiotics.

You can read the whole article here, and vow never to EVER get a soda at the soda fountain as LONG AS YOU LIVE. See, I knew there was a reason I didn't trust those things.

Daily Hot Guy

[Clive Owen, who I loved in Sin City, because he was DEMENTED, and shot people, and had a very intriguing conversation with a corpse, and uttered the classic line, 'I'm Shelly's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind.' AND dunked Benicio Del Toro in a toilet. Man, I need to watch that movie again.]

Epic!Win
* I know it's cruel to laugh at the fear of children, but watch the kid in the white pajamas at around the 1:15 mark, and I challenge you not to snicker:

Besides, everyone was fine, and they lived happily ever after. Of sorts.

Technology
* WE DO INDEED LIVE IN THE CRAZY FUTURE YEAR 2010. LOOKY, LOOKY, A FLOATING LAMP:

[Found at DVICE]
New life goal: Replace every light in my house with FLOATING LIGHTS THAT YOU PUMP TO INCREASE OR DECREASE THE AMOUNT OF LIGHT YOU WANT.

The future is here, and it is AWESOME.

Doctor Who
* My friend Janna, who sekritly runs all your comics, sent me this on my birthday:

He's 906. So any other birthday is sort of like, 'Oh, you're another year older? That's ADORABLE.'

OK, it's Saturday, which means I have a lot of sleeping to do.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive