Monday, March 2, 2009

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Because my hands are so cold they hurt, and because I need a small break from studying the contrapositive verses the scope, and how to ignore filler, here are some fun Watchmen things for everyone as geeky as I am.

* The Annotated Watchmen: Which I'm sure everyone knows about, but deserves another plug for being a fucking exhaustive source of Watchmen goodness, and for pointing out things that I have co-opted for myself, so I can appear to be much more observant than I actually am. (Although if somebody wants to just make a list of every literary reference in Watchmen, I will be eternally grateful and give them a hug.)

* The Soundtrack: Which I am going to buy, courtesy of iTunes, and listen to obsessively. I am very, VERY relieved that they used actual songs from the comic, and only one cover (which I quite like), because when the teaser trailer came out with that Smashing Pumpkins song, I became very nervous that I would spend the duration of the film listening to Avril Lavgine's interpretation of 'All Along The Watchtower,' and there are SOME THINGS I JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH.

* Alan Moore Reading List: Sent to me by my Godlike uncle, this list gives me enough reading material to remain happy for weeks. Swamp Thing may be my personal favorite (Runs to add these to already insane reading list).

* Tales Of The Black Freighter: Because I'm doing low-level media blackout (reading as few reviews/insider looks at the movie as I can stand), I don't know how much, if any, of this made it into the feature film, but I'm absolutely delighted that it's coming out, and I think Gerard Butler is swarthy enough to play a pirate. I mean that as a non-creepy compliment.

* Oh, and for shits and giggles, and because I need to reread it before I see the movie anyway, I'm going to list my favorite Watchmen quotes per issue, and point out my favorite aspects and such. (If you go through the archives, you will find a long list of ALL Watchmen quotes. This list will be more specific.)

* Here's a picture of Rorschach, because I love him like burning, (PUN INTENDED BECAUSE I AM THE FUNNY), and because I am so happy that Jude Law was NOT cast in this role, because I would have violently protested in an UNSEEMLY manner, and because Jackie Earle Haley is PERFECT for the job.



* And, finally for this entry, here's a list of comics recommended by Alan Moore. Make your brain squee with delight.
- LV

PS Ask me about my plan for a Watchmen tattoo! And other crazy shit that makes me charming AND frightening all at once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive