Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Disease Sucks

I am sick. I have a very bad cough, a chill, and a pounding migraine. This is going around. It is terribly annoying and unpleasant, but not a huge crisis.

That is the sane part of my brain. The rest of my brain is going, as follows: "Oh dear GOD I am coughing up bits of my lung, and I NEED THOSE TO LIVE. WHY IS IT SO COLD IN HERE EVERYTHING HURTS.

WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?! I am achy, and unloved, and EVERYONE IS AWFUL, POOR ME, THIS IS THE WORST PAIN ANY LIVING CREATURE HAS EVER EXPERIENCED," etc.

Which is all bullshit, naturally. But a simple flu/cough thing can really shatter your iron resolve and turn the toughest people into whiny bitches. And I am not the toughest of people.

Right now, I want Russell Brand to show up with a high-quality Watchmen bootleg and rub my back and feed me super hot tea until I feel better.

Instead, I'm wrapped in a blanket, coughing incessantly and drinking weak coffee and yelling dementedly at MSNBC, calling everyone onscreen an asshole, including people in commercials.

Maybe lying down would be a wise move.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive