Tuesday, March 17, 2009

'And Even Though It All Went Wrong I'll Stand Before The Lord Of Song...'

Leonard Cohen is STUCK in my head. Not that I'm complaining; it's really rather pleasant.

Since I often use this space to bitch about all the little things that annoy me, like "Blah blah blah the sun is too bright and I am MISERY INCARNATE," I thought today I'd post some things that are making me chipper.

* The idea that everyone is so mad at AIG that we might have an actual, real-life Angry Mob Situation, which I have waited for patiently, hoping the results will be half as entertaining as they are on The Simpsons.

* It's St. Patrick's Day, and not only do I not care (double negatives!) I am of an age where if anyone tries to pinch me for not wearing green, I can mace them, knee them in the groin, and force them to listen to the warbling of.. I don't know, Scarlett Johanso-Jo, when she tried, mysteriously, to cover Tom Waits. Which normally makes me ANGRY, because GOD, why would you let anyone fuck with the wonder of Tom Waits?!

* Wonkette featured a piece on Sacha Baron Cohen, as Bruno, trying to seduce Ron Paul, as Would-Be King Of America.

* Russell Brand's book continues to be fabulous and funny, and if I meet him, ever, I am determined to ask him something inappropriate, or chain myself to his ankle. I think he might rather enjoy that. Here's a picture that also makes me happy, although I think the tattoos are fake:

* This says that the stupid Twilight Shiny Dude whose name I refuse to remember, and Megan Fox (who is not Angelina Jolie 2.0, no matter how hard she tries) are dating. Now, I usually wouldn't care, and I don't think it's true, but I do like the idea of the Cabal Of Twilight Girls amassing in sobbing hordes to seek vengeance against poor Ms. Fox, who has enough troubles, what with dating that creepy old dude AND having his name tattooed right about her unmentionables. So this could be funny.

* I'm going to see Watchmen again today.

* I'm getting a haircut soon, which I need, and hair styles always make me happy, as do makeup and clothes and sexy, emotionally damaged men. Then I'll post pictures, which makes me happy as of late.

* I had a dream about Javier Bardem, which is GOOD NEWS in my book, although I do remember telling him, "I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish." MUST MY DREAMS EVEN BE LITERAL?!

And now, your daily dose of Watchmen stuff:

* This comic takes my trauma, and makes it funny. There are a ton of other great ones on the site.

* You want funny? You want to see how BAD this movie COULD have been? Read this - the 1989 first draft of the movie - and be GRATEFUL.

* I just like this poster.

That's all. I am dull. But I have a lot to do, and some of it involves masked vigilantes!.... And most of it involves studying.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive