Monday, March 23, 2009

Random Notes, Take 8

* I said it on my Twitter, but seriously, does anyone else find it kind of sinister that the local grocery store would have Scrapple, but not sugar? Doesn't that seem like a WEIRD choice? Or is this just me? Will Scrapple soon be replacing sugar as the product we sprinkle in our coffee and cakes? Because I really can't get behind that.

* I wouldn't have minded if I Love You, Man was the number one movie of the week. But Knowing? Starring Nicolas Cage and Nicolas Cage's toupee? Do you know how sad that is? Do you know how supremely tragic it is that people still give money to go see this man? He went from Leaving Las Vegas to fricking this, and we are endorsing it? Also, I am pretty sure that I am responsible for ALL of Watchmen New Jersey revenue this week. Zack Snyder should call me, and personally thank me, and then... I don't know, give me props from the movie. I mean, his wife is from New Jersey. SOLIDARITY.

* I just tried to post a picture from the new Where The Wild Things Are movie, and the internet exploded. So that won't be happening.

* This comic made me howl with laughter. This is more of an Alan Moore-style game than a movie-based game. Except at the end of Alan Moore's game, he jumps out from your closet and beats you to death for endorsing the commercialization of his art. Then he sacrifices you to the Snake God:

* Is there anything the Coen Brothers can't do?

* I'm not sure that Obama should go up against Dick Cheney. It will be like Star Wars, where the young idealistic Jedi falls before the evil ministrations of the Emperor (I think. I haven't seen that movie in donkey years. Someone fell off a bridge.) Then George W. Bush will show up and distract someone, and someone will die. The metaphor got away from me.

* And here are some pictures, because I really don't have much to say, and they are funny, and everyone needs a funny on Monday, don't they?




- LV

PS DEAR SARAH PALIN: STOP WAVING AROUND YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD AND SCREAMING ABOUT THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, YOU HEINOUS SHAM OF A HUMAN BEING. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive