Friday, October 9, 2009

If I Had Learned How To Laugh As A Child I Would Right Now.

Blog
* Some people's childhoods should remain a closed book. Title is from Psych.

FREAKANGELS FRIDAY
* It is Friday, and it is raining, which is totally appropriate, since it's sort of like Whitechapel, only without the flooding and the AWESOME, and you know, the death. We frown upon such actions. I will wait until I post the blog entry to read it, because otherwise I will spend the whole entry yelling about Karl, and no one wants that.

Technology
* I want a clock that runs on water:

[Found at Incredible Things]
No reason. I just want to be that cool girl with a water-powered clock.

Heroes
* I STILL have failed to watch this weeks' Heroes, but I WILL, HONEST, before next week. But here's an interview with the earth-mover dude and the knife dude. Tattoo chick freaks me out. Still love Sylar.

Nostalgia!Win
* Who else remembers Monsterpiece Theatre on Sesame Street?

Best thing ever, right? Sesame Street has the best spoofs ever. TRUFAX.

Daily Hot Guy

[James Marsters. You could cut GLASS on his cheekbones.

Steampunk
* I want this console:

Fridays are apparently the days I list the things I want, for no good reason. I mean, do I NEED this? Of course not. But I kind of do.

Journalism
* Here is a list of the most controversial magazine covers. And here's one:

[Found at Neatorama]
I never thought they were going to kill the dog, you know. I mean, between the time it takes to take a picture of the dog, and release the magazine, the gun-holder would have had to put down the weapon. Or the dog was already long dead. What? Let's be logical about this.

Art
* M.C. Escher is one of my favorite artists of all time. I saw his drawings in grade school, and they blew my mind. The hands drawing each other? Profound. Here's the most popular one out there:

[Found at Mental Floss]
Here's some factoids on the brilliant artist, and a bunch of links. I want a print of Escher's work now. Everyone should have at least one.

And I promise not to say, 'Factoids' ever again.

Comics
* Josh of Comics Curmudgeon is so brilliantly and consistently funny that I am now actively hoping Family Circus lasts forever. And Marvin is one twisted comic:
After starting off the week berating his mother for her sexually provocative clothing, Giant Fantasy Marvin-Monster has moved on to engaging in some sort of ritual humiliation-based bath-time play with his father. My point is, we need to start doing research to see what changes in international law are required to put this comic strip on trial for war crimes.

Tattoo Of Win
* The original Tattoo Of Win was so disgusting and hideous that I actually decided NOT to post OR link to it. It was that bad. Let's not talk about it any further. Instead, let's all be puzzled over a banana in a shoe:

[Found at LOLTATZ]

Words Of Win

[Found at Indexed]

Food
* These, my friends, are brownies stuffed with vanilla ice cream that has raspberries and blueberries in it:

[Found at This Is Why You're Fat]
See? Sometimes this category is nice!

I think I need to go find myself some of those brownie sandwiches now. Spoilers for this weeks' FREAKANGELS below my signature.
- LV

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THIS WEEKS' FREAKANGELS BELOW:
I bet that's Mark behind Kait. And Karl lives! This has really just become The Ongoing Saga Of If/When LV's favorite character will bite the big one. Jack is kind of awesome. And Kait is obsessed. She watched too much TV as a child. See what it does to people?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive