Monday, October 12, 2009

She Undercut The Subtle Nuance Of My Wiener Joke!

Blog
* Title is from Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Celebrity!Fail
* I had a great day yesterday. And I will discuss it at a later date, when I'm awake, and have enough caffeine in my system to function.
I'm saying this because I want you to understand that I am not showing you this video out of malice:

But it's Monday, and if that isn't the right time for Shaquille O'Neal to frighten the masses with his neon pink Speedo, I don't know what is.

Zombies
* Patrick Swayze was almost in Zombieland, spoofing Ghost. I didn't like Ghost that much, but Point Break is one of the best action movies ever made, and then Hot Fuzz made fun of it, and I loved it even more. And I still haven't seen Zombieland, which I will rectify this week.

Apocalypse How?
* We're making crises faster than we can solve them. So we're sort of overachievers. This should comfort us as we doom our species to extinction. I guess. I'm in too good a mood to be worried about the doom. You guys worry about it.

Conventions
* So the New York Comic Con is joining forces with the New York Anime Festival. This should be interesting. While there are a goodly number of fans that overlap in their loves of anime and comics, there will definitely be some strange interactions between the hardcore Manga fans and the uber-devoted classic comic fans. I hope some sociologists attend, for research.

Daily Hot Guy

[Clive Owen, who I sort of loved in Sin City, and was great in Croupier, but who I cannot think of in any role besides Shoot 'Em Up, because he KILLED SOMEONE WITH A CARROT. Requested by Kristamaru, who uses celery with terrifying and deadly force.]

Dollhouse
* I told you I'd catch up on Dollhouse, and I did. I thought Instinct showed some surprisingly good acting from Eliza Dushku (mainly the scene where Echo asks if she can be the mother), and in Belle Chose, I have decided that Enver Gjokaj may be the best actor on the show as Victor. Did you see him as Kiki? It was genius. Truly. Dude wins all the internets. Here's an interview with Joss Whedon. I still have faith in you, Mr. Whedon. And ALPHA WASH IS COMING BACK. And TV will be good again.

Epic!Fail
* The following is a list of people whose support of Roman Polanski makes me very, very sad:
Terry Zwigoff, Wim Wenders, Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar, Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky, Monica Bellucci, Gael Garcia Bernal, Bernardo Bertolucci, Guillermo del Toro, Stephen Frears, Terry Gilliam, Emma Thompson, Salman Rushdie, Paul Auster, Jeremy Irons, Tilda Swinton....
There are a lot more, but after Tilda Swinton I stopped looking.

Books
* I love how angry fonts make some people. Especially Comic Sans. Which Watchmen did not invent. Because that would be awful.

Childhood!Fail
* Kids have changed:
Wyoming police say an 11-year-old boy driving a large SUV led officers on a high speed chase reaching speeds of 100 mph.

The boy ditched the vehicle and jumped into a lake and began swimming but returned to shore where police collared him.

When I was eleven, I thought I was a rebel for staying up late to watch Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

OK, must go do things now. It is Monday, after all.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive