Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Yelling Will Cease & The Killing Will Commence!

Blog
* Why can't we have both, simultaneously? Title is from Third Rock From The Sun.

* This has nothing to do with anything, but the very first Louis Vuitton fragrance is named 'Elle Vee.' Do I get any money from this? Maybe a promo? How about a free sample? I AM WILLING TO COMPROMISE, MR. VUITTON.

Awesome
* This guy in Phoenix was the victim of an attempted robbery. The attacker had a baseball bat. Luckily, he fought off the would-be robber, WITH A FREAKING SWORD:

I'm ignoring the part of the story where it appears that the sword-wielder managed to cut himself during the fight, because that's not QUITE the sort of awesome we're talking about.

Movie!Win
* I did not like Gladiator, and I refuse to apologize, and King Oblivion of the International Society of Supervillians has MANY thoughts on the movie as well, in COMIC form.

I like his version better.

Wow
* Children shouldn't play with dead things. Neither should comic creators, because they take dead flies, and play with them, and make things like this:

[Found at Neatorama]
They're definitely sort of cute, and very clever, but the girl in me can't stop thinking, 'EW, dead files.' I dislike bugs, alive or dead. And I don't like the idea of someone arranging dead flies. It bothers me.

Animals
* File this under 'maybe I posted this before but I can't remember and it makes me deeply happy, and DUCKIES, and it's Wednesday and they are ducks climbing an escalator, so shut up, because you can never get tired of that:

Unless you're a bad person. Are you a bad person?

Star Trek
* Um.

I don't want Eminem to find out about this guy taking his songs and rapping in Klingon. He'd be angry and confused, and then he'd be violent, and I don't want to know who would win in a fight between Eminem and Klingon, OK?

I don't think I can talk about this. It's sort of genius, and must have taken a long time to do right, but.... it's in Klingon. Could someone explain the connection between Eminem and Worf? Because I'm confused, and a little bit upset. It's jarring.

AND the dude is German, which adds another layer to the Language Sandwich we are constructing.

Daily Hot Guy

[Rainn Wilson, AKA Dwight from The Office, US version. The rest of you like John Krasinski, who is indeed easy on the eyes, but I prefer the weird mastery of Dwight Schrute, than you very much. Plus, I'd be rich in beets, STRIKE OUT JIM.]

FlashForward
* I am behind on this show, but I will catch up, because it is like Lost in the sense that if you miss an episode, it is GAME OVER, man. and you will never be caught up, and I LIKE almost everyone in the show, and I forgot how pretty Gabrielle Union is, and I LOVE her and John Cho, because they are the cutest couple. So. Here's a pre-game from last week, because we need NOTES, and I hope you're all writing this down, because there WILL be a test.

Girly Shit
* I can't even say if I like these shoes, because I am something of a whore for buckles, and red, so I am helpless before these heels:

{Found at Shoe Lust]
I think.... I am liking them. They are red and have heels, and shiny buckles, and would look cute with jeans. I'm so glad we cleared this up.

WTF, INTERNET?
* Warning: If you think I overuse capslocks normally, you may want to skip this.
WHAT. THE FUCK. I know I show some truly ridiculous shit in this category, but this product has the distinction of being both ridiculous AND offensive, and I hate everyone involved with the production. EVERYONE. DO YOU HEAR ME?

There is nothing worse than not being a virgin, if you're a woman. NOTHING. Because sex is EVIL. EVIL. BURN THE UNCLEAN. So if you, in a moment of weakness, HAVE sex, you are doomed, DOOMED.

But now, thanks to SCIENCE, you can relive the awkward and discomfort of your first experience EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU HAVE SEX. Yes, now there is a product - which you BUY, with MONEY - that you INSERT, and you can pretend to be a virgin again. IT EVEN BLEEDS A LIQUID. I AM NOT MAKING THIS SHIT UP:

[Found at Geekologie]
THIS IS INSANE. NO, REALLY. IT'S NOT OK ON ANY LEVEL.
I like to think I'm pretty relaxed about sexual proclivities. Whatever you do in private, with consenting adults, is totally your business. Well done, have at it.
BUT BUT: If you A) are with a guy who will react so badly to you not being a virgin that you buy a PRODUCT THAT SPEWS OUT A LIQUID TO FAKE YOUR VIRGINITY, or B) are with a guy who can only enjoy sex if you BUY A PRODUCT THAT YOU JAM IN YOUR UNMENTIONABLES TO SIMULATE VIRGINITY, you have problems. MAJOR problems.
THIS IS GROSS. IT IS GROSS, AND IT IS LYING, AND IT CANNOT BE SAFE OR HEALTHY TO DO SHIT LIKE THIS. AND WHY ARE GIRLS MAKING THEMSELVES PRETEND VIRGINS? WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?
VIRGINITY IS NOT GOOD OR BAD. IT IS NOT SOME TO ASPIRE TO OR REVILE. IT JUST IS. IF YOU WANT TO WAIT, GREAT (hah, that rhymed). IF YOU DON'T, GREAT. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

BUT ANYONE WHO IS SO OBSESSED WITH VIRGINITY THAT THEY WILL SPEND THIRTY BUCKS ON A KIT TO PRETEND TO BE A VIRGIN, GET HELP, OK? IT'S THIRTY BUCKS. AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT THIS IS GOOD FOR YOU. AND WHAT IF THE FAKE HYMEN POPS OUT, AND YOU TRAUMATIZE SOME POOR GUY? THERE IS SO MUCH THAT COULD GO WRONG.


AND IT HAS FAKE BLOOD. HAPPY HALLOWEEN, I NEED TO GO HUG A STUFFED ANIMAL AND LISTEN TO SOOTHING MUSIC.

Music

What? This qualifies as soothing music. It's all Larissa's fault, for having brilliant music taste, and then sharing it, and generally being the musical goddess of the universe. So blame her for this win.

Technology
* I still don't have any fucking clue what Google Wave is, but I don't care anymore, because Samuel L. Jackson makes things better, except when he wears purple velvet pants, which are just upsetting:

Don't you feel better now?

Art
* WATERMELON ART:

[Found at Like Cool]
It's pretty, and then you eat it, except I don't like watermelon, so you can eat it, but it's still pretty, yes?

You can laugh all you want, but I like Maury, and I will continue to like it. Just needed to say that.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive