Tuesday, October 13, 2009

If You Type 'Google' Into Google, You Can Break The Internet.

Blog
* This is true. Except for the lies. Title is from The It Crowd.

* How did I not know there was an X-Men/Star Trek crossover comic? Something that freaking weird needs to be in my life. Good thing I have Theresa and her comic blog to show me Spock and Wolverine. I love that last sentence. It's delightfully geeky.

* Yet another reason I shouldn't write this blog while having breakfast:

[Drawn by Erin]
Now I'm nervously watching my egg. This is going to end badly, isn't it? Most sinister egg EVER. That is the Moriarty of eggs.

Torchwood
* I have to admit, I didn't watch this video again before I posted it. Because it makes me cry, and that is embarrassing for SO MANY reasons, because Children of the Earth happened MONTHS ago, and it's fiction, and I need to move on with my Torchwood rage:

Ianto wouldn't make me drink coffee without sugar. Just saying.

Inglourious Basterds
* Have I posted this video before? Of Quentin Tarantino's top movies since 1992? Probably, but I like it, and it's funny and interesting, and I don't care. So I'm going to post it again, and you'll all enjoy it, because it's Quentin Tarantino (NOTE: Those of you who dislike Tarantino probably won't enjoy it. No sense in lying to you):


Star Trek
* This is the best, most accurate list of the best to worst Star Trek movies. Wrath of Khan will always be the best. Deal with it. And First Contact was freaking amazing, especially with Data being all badass and scamming on the Borg Queen. And Insurrection sucked. But my least favorite movie is still The Motion Picture. Did you see that film? Even as a little kid, I was like, 'Damn, that us sub-par filmmaking.'

And I'm glad they didn't include the new Star Trek reboot on this list, because I dearly love it, and don't want to have to put it above or below the 'classic' movies. Note: The last two Next Generation movies are not classics. Sorry.

People I Love
* Speaking of Spock (HA, almost alliteration), I'm sure you've all seen the video Hostage: A Love Story, featuring Zachary Quinto. It's one of the best things ever. My favorite scenes are:
1. When Zachary Quinto yells at his penis, and
2. When Zachary Quinto yells at the drooling baby.

It's so freaking funny. Heroes should include a plotline where Sylar yells at his crotch. It would be funny.

Daily Hot Guy

[Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, who is very pretty, but not my type, in part because in pictures he tends to have Crazy Eyes. I saw this picture and yelled, 'KING HENRY DID NOT LOOK LIKE THAT. HISTORICAL INNACURACY.' I know nobody else cares. Requested by Lindragon, whose history book is filled with strangely attractive royalty.

Fandom
* It's so funny, I was JUST discussing Lord of the Rings on Twitter. Not like this. NEVER like this. Treebeard would NEVER do this to Bill the pony. Who would IMAGINE doing this to Bill the pony? I'm crying, on the inside. Megan, don't read this. Seriously. You will NOT be OK. I'm not OK. I'm going to go reread the books, and pretend this atrocity never took place.

Stuff To Live
* This is a toilet paper/tissue holder. I think it's pretty:

[Found at Incredible Things]
That's it. I just like it. Aren't they cool?

Writing
* I love onomatopoeia. In part because I can spell it. Actually, that may be the only reason I love that word. I also like tasers:

[Found at Indexed]

Movie!Fail
* Reasons I will not be excited about the Ridley Scott vampire movie: I hated Gladiator. I'm sorry. No, I'm not, really. It was like Braveheart, only worse (I wasn't crazy about Braveheart), and it was stupid, and deserved NO Oscar nominations. And I love Ridley Scott, but he is not a consistently non-suckish director (did you see A Good Year? That shit HURT), and the screenwriter has positives and negatives in his resume. And I'm tired of vampires, even if I wrote a book about them, unless they are A) scary, B) funny, or C) unaffiliated with Stephene Meyers or Anne Rice. I hated Interview With The Vampire, too. That one I am sorry about. Maybe.

OK, enough of that.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive