Monday, October 19, 2009

It Was A Weird Day. I Accidentally Cross-Dressed.

Blog
* I think that qualifies as a 'weird day.' Title is from the US Office.

* I apologize for the lack of posting yesterday. Real life drama occurred.

Politics
* I have no idea why this picture of Sarah Palin and a white horse exists:

[Found at Wonkette]
And, despite the article, that is not a unicorn. No horn, you see. Also, is it a compliment to have horses running through the skull of someone you admire? No, I'm asking. Because I did not know that.

Zombies
* Zombieland is the greatest zombie movie of the year. You all need to study the survival skills of Tallahassee. Read my review here.

* The dudes who wrote Star Trek are going to write the screenplay for Xombie, the comic of a sentient zombie protecting a young girl. This rules. I loved the reboot of Star Trek, and I love zombies, and I love these guys for making a good reboot, so there is no snark to be had in this category AT ALL.

Apocalypse How?
* I hate flying. Like, I really hate flying. I am convinced the plane is going to fall out of the sky, and I will PLUMMET, strapped into it.

Of course, I fly all over the place, and have been to Europe and plan to travel more. I'm just miserable in the plane, and cry for nine hours straight.

But now even those of you who aren't afraid of flying will cry! Because airport rectal exams could be in our future! Because if terrorists are shoving bombs up their butts (which is the grossest visual of the morning, yet) and so no one's butt will be SAFE.

I'm not sure how this applies to the apocalypse, except when a society is spending so much time looking up each other's rectums you know things aren't going well.

Epic!Fail
* This is Breast Cancer Awareness month, right? People are wearing pink, to support breast cancer research. This is a good thing. In theory. Not if you drive a bus in Illinois. Dude wore a pink tie, to support Breast Cancer awareness, and got SUSPENDED, without pay, for not wearing the standard uniform.

To be clear: Guy was not wearing a Hooters shirt (although, for breast cancer awareness, that might actually help). Guy was not wearing a Party Naked shirt. He was wearing a tie, to SUPPORT Breast Cancer Awareness. What a monster, yeah? EPIC, EPIC!FAIL Illinois Mass Transit.

Books
* I would like these bookshelves. I would like them very much:

[Found at Like Cool]
THEY HAVE WHEELS. I'm excited by anything mobile. And I need to put away my books. They are slowly taking over the house. It will be a glorious avalanche of LEARNING.

Daily Hot Guy

[Woody Harrelson, AKA Tallahassee from Zombieland. He is the ONLY man who can wear a snakeskin jacket and still be sexy as HELL. Plus, he's the dude you want to look for when the zombies attack. Plus he likes Twinkies. And he has a Southern accent. AND HE QUOTED DELIVERANCE. I'm sorry, I really loved the movie. And Woody.]

Childhood!Fail
* OH HOLY FUCK THE HUMANITY KILL IT KILL IT GET IT AWAY:

[Found at Geekologie]
PEE WEE HERMAN TOYS THEY ARE HERE TO STEAL YOUR SOUL. HIT THEM WITH MR. HAMMER.

Nostalgia!Win
* When I was in the fourth grade I broke my arm horseback riding, and spent most of the summer playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and I KICKED EVERYONE'S ASS. Really, when you have nothing to do and it's summer, you get really good at video games really fast. I knew every cheat. I also loved the movies, and maybe had a crush on Raiden, and James Remar until he showed up in Sex & The City and FORNICATED with my childhood. Anyway, Scorpion was bad-ass:


More later, I promise. Or not. It's Monday, and I am going to ingest caffeine until I can FLY:
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive