Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My World Is Crumbling Around Me.

Blog
* I say this often. Usually when the popcorn has burned, or my father has borrowed my car. Title is from Bone. I wish I had written it.

Conventions
* I NEED TO GO TO THE NEW ENGLAND FAN EXPERIENCE. LEONARD NIMOY WILL BE THERE AND GARETH DAVID-LLOYD AND Q. Q WILL BE THERE. EXCITEMENT.

Of course, I'd probably A) get arrested for hugging Mr. David-Lloyd around the middle and refusing to let go, weeping all the time, 'It's OK, Mr. Jones. It's OK now,' or B) make an ass of myself in front of Leonard Nimoy, which could only result in ritual suicide.

So. Who want's to go?

FlashForward
* This article on FlashForward is a bit old (it came out before last weeks' episode) but, like Lost, I think fans of the show need all the help they can get figuring out what the hell is going on.
I may like this better than Lost.

Dollhouse
* Um, I don't love the series. WAIT! I love Topher, and Alpha, and Whiskey, and everyone who isn't Echo. I just don't like Echo. At all. Or Caroline, for that matter. If the show were more ensemble, it would be better. Or if it was about Alpha. But I will continue to watch it and defend it, because I love the supporting characters so much, and 'Epitaph One' was an orgasm in TV form, and the premiere was fabulous. But Dollhouse isn't doing well. I suggest more Alpha.

Epic!Fail
* This was going to be a plain old Jersey!Fail, but when you read the bit below, you will understand why this story qualifies as EPIC:
'...a Superior Court judge dismissed animal-cruelty charges against a Moorestown police officer accused of sticking his penis into the mouths of five calves in rural Southampton in 2006, claiming a grand jury couldn't infer whether the cows had been "tormented" or "puzzled" by the situation...'

Dude also sexually assaulted three young girls, which is very fucked up because he was a COP, but in a different spectrum of bizarre from cow blow-jobs.. Maybe he should be in jail, and away from anything with an orifice? JUST A THOUGHT. YOU DO NOT DO THIS TO LIVING THINGS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. AND NEVER TO COWS. THAT'S JUST WRONG.

Books
* I bought books today. That's what credit cards are FOR, people. It's like Monopoly money. You don't have to pay it. I bought:
- The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett
- Emotions Revealed by Paul Ekman
AND I got a discount, which made me happy. I would like to store my pretty new books betwixt these bookends:

[Found at Incredible Things]
Magnetic bookends. Why have these never existed before? It's so simple. And yet so genius. I could sit and stare at this for hours, marveling at the simple miracles of everyday life. With some alcohol.

Childhood!Fail
* Just once I'd like a poll to come out that shows that American kids AREN'T morons. I don't even think they make new polls anymore. This is probably the same one they showed when I was a kid, and everyone got up in arms for about thirty seconds over how dumb we all are, then we all wandered off and watched TV.

I got all the answers on this poll right. I don't think I deserve an award for this - I'm a twenty-three year-old college graduate. I DO have a suggestion: You get less than half right? Sterilization. That'll make the little shits do their homework. No, I don't have any children of my own, why do you ask?

Doctor Who
* Huzzah, Tom Baker is going to be doing audio dramas of Doctor Who! I love you so, Tom Baker. I'm trying to make a Doctor Who-esque scarf, in the sense that it is very very long and has mismatched colors. Tom Baker should show up with Christopher Eccelston and Peter Davison in a Doctor Who Special before David Tennant leaves. Who's with me?!

Inglourious Basterds
* Oh. For a second I thought the title implied TIM Roth and Quentin Tarantino were doing a new project together, as opposed to Eli Roth. I prefer Tim. But I enjoy Eli Roth, and still think Cabin Fever was a fun, gross movie, and his response to all that fandom madness was funny AND unsettling, which I enjoy. He needs to stop making Hostel movies though. I saw one the day before I went to Amsterdam, and spent the whole trip freaking out whenever an attractive foreigner approached me. Since I was in a foreign country, this happened often. Plus, watching people get tortured for two hours does NOTHING for me. I'm weird like that.

Star Trek
* TRIBBLES.

[Found at ONTD Star Trek]
DO WANT. DO WANT FOR THE SHEER GEEKY HEADY GEEKINESS. THEY PURR.
The thing is, I feel like I could make pretty good non-battery powered approximations. But if someone wants to buy these for me, I'll make them a shirt! A METAPHORICAL SHIRT.

Tribbles are fuzzy.

Today was good.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive