Monday, July 27, 2009

This Is A Pie Shop, Not An Herbal Crack Den.

Blog
* Who needs drugs when you have pie? Title is from Pushing Daisies.

Podcast
* If you read my blog, there's a good chance you like Watchmen, and Jackie Earle Haley, and ALL THINGS GLORIOUS. Ergo, you should listen to this podcast: World Peace Through Jackie Earle Haley. It's a podcast for the fans, by the fans. And it's insightful and hilarious. Puina is the mastermind behind it, and the gorgeous website that I would hug if it were a person. I've tried to hug it even though it's not a person, but listening is much better.

We've started off talking about Watchmen, because all things begin and end with Watchmen, but over time we'll be covering films from Jackie Earle Haley's career, and looking at new releases (including A Nightmare On Elm Street, Shutter Island, and Human Target)

The cast includes DanceswithElvis, eringoblah, serena_eliza, miss_bushido, youquit, and me. They are epic in their win, and I am so lucky to count myself among them on this podcast. These are intelligent and insightful fans who just happen to have a weak spot for sugar-chewing vigilantes and the actors who play them.

It's a lot of fun. Go take a listen. Then tell all your friends. If you don't have friends, FIND friends, solely to get them to listen to this podcast. It's that much fun. Because, really, who DOESN'T need more Jackie Earle Haley in their lives?



I think I've made my point.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive