Friday, May 22, 2009

Ghosts Are Actually Caused By Alan Moore Killing People Faster Than Death Can Process Them.

Freakangels Friday
* HUZZAH AGAIN! Or rather, BOO. It's a skip week. Which, as the site so succinctly puts it, means no chikkinz. WHAT'S THE POINT OF FRIDAY WITH OUT FREAKANGELS? Warren Ellis is a cruel overlord. We were negligent in our human sacrifices, and he has punished us as he sees fit. We will learn. On the upside, another week without the Imminent Death Of My Favorite Character, so I guess that's something. PLUS, my Freakangels bag shipped yesterday, so soon I will have physical proof of its awesome.

Terminator: Salvation
* Since the movie came out today, and I am leaving shortly to go see it, it gets its own section. Just for today, however.

* First off, the movie apparently sucks according to critics, but people still like it anyway. I love the first two Terminators, and hated the third because it sucked. In this one, I expect steampunk clothes, explosions, robots, and Christian Bale being a badass. Plot would be nice, but really, the first Terminator didn't make a hell of a lot of sense, either.

* Cracked gives us a hilarious and disturbing picture of life in CyberDyne, via Emails. Naked Austrian men frighten everyone. Especially naked Austrian women.

* This has nothing at all to do with the movie, but it's the touching and heartfelt tale of McG challenging Michael Bay to a penis-measuring contest. My only sorrow is that they never whipped it out, with rulers, on the Universal steps.

TeeVee
* Flash Forward, ABC's new weird show that comes out in fall, is on my tentative viewing schedule for fall. Mainly because the plot is so bizarre, and because Seth MacFarlane is one of my shameful, secret crushes because he's got that amazing voice, and he's in the pilot.

I will no doubt fall in love with this show of MacFarlane's baritone is a regular occurrence. Don't judge me.

Sequel Fail
* Fucking... I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT THIS. I THOUGHT WE ALL SAT DOWN AS A SPECIES AND AGREED THAT GHOSTBUSTERS 3 WOULD BE THE EQUIVALENT OF GENOCIDE. I CLEARLY REMEMBER EVERYONE AGREEING NOT TO SPEAK OF THIS IDEA ANYMORE. AND ELIZA DUSHKU IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THIS MOVIE. SHE HAS TO FOCUS ON DOLLHOUSE NOT SUCKING AND MAKING IT TO A THIRD SEASON. SHE HAS ENOUGH PRESSURE.

Fashion
* Cloris Leachman has her own clothing line:

[Found at WorldOfWonder]
Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected when I heard this news. The clothes smell like alcohol, cheap sex, and Vicodin.

Inglourious Basterds
Lalala, I do not hear the bad reviews of IB (I am tired of typing out the name). I will love it as I love all Tarantino movies, except Four Rooms, which was just bizarre and unpleasant. Here are clips from IB, and LALALALA IT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER.

Daily Hot Guy
* This is the first DHG that isn't on my personal crush list, but after getting multiple requests for some attention on LJ, I have decided to post a picture of him:

[Anton Yelchin, AKA Charlie Bartlett, AKA Pavel Chekhov, AKA Kyle Reese In The Newest Terminator (meaning he's Zach From Heroes' dad, creating ANOTHER Star Trek/Heroes connection, HUZZAH!) AKA Oh CRAP This Guy Is Three Years Younger Than Me I Am Officially Depressed, AKA, Do You Have Zachary Quinto's Phone Number By Any Chance?]

Geek Want
* Anyone remember that Alec Baldwin movie The Shadow?

I saw this movie, unwisely, when I was eight. It scared the everloving shit out of me. Alec Baldwin scared me, that floating knife with the freaking TEETH scared me, The Shadow himself scared me, Ian McKellan scared me (incidentally, what THE HELL was Ian McKellen doing in this movie? Or Peter Boyle? He did not scare me. He only scared me in Monster's Ball, which scared me for many reasons, including Naked Billy Bob Thornton). I still have nightmares about this movie from time to time. Alongside Child's Play, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, and It, The Shadow ranks as one of the most terrifying experiences of my childhood.
All that aside, I seriously sort of want to own the action figures:

[Found at ToplessRobot]
Just to say I owned them. Just because. I mean, The Shadow action figures? That's so weird it's not even geeky. It's beyond geeky. There are more terrible and confusing action figures on this list, including ones from Little Nicky and Waterworld and Battlefield Earth, but I don't want those. Unless that have one of Quentin Tarantino as the blind priest. I'd buy that.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive