Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If You Are Within One Mile Of Alan Moore & You Drop Your Toast It Will Always Land Butter Side Up. Always.

Things I Like Today
* Still Heroes (especially the moment where Hiro sees waffles on the menu and goes, 'Waffles!' with such pure and genuine joy that it inspired the following Tweet from me:
Waffles make Hiro happy. Happy Hiro makes me happy. Ergo, waffles are an absolute good.

And yes, I just QUOTED MYSELF, but Hiro is so wonderful that he would forgive me.
I found the clip on YouTube, which is so perfect that of COURSE it would exist, just for me:

You are HUMBLED by the genius, aren't you?

* The reviews on Amazon.com of Tuscan Whole Milk, which are genius. Truly. Here's just one:
I thought I'd save a little money on this product so I clicked on the 'Order it used' button. Boy, was that a mistake!

When new, this product is just fine. When used, it's almost undrinkable.

So, if you're in the market for Whole Milk, heed my advice, buy new.


The internet is made of awesome.

* Free merchandise from work.

* Netflix, for speedily sending me season one of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, so I can watch it and get angry that it's been cancelled.

Things I Dislike Today
* My sinuses.

* The people who call my magazine (which caters to the liquor industry), and drunkenly demand I pour them a glass. Over the phone. From Washington. And then YELL at me when I calmly explain that my phone cannot transport liquid.

* The lady who complained about the free t-shirt we sent her. I still don't get this. It was a t-shirt, a NICE one, that she got, for FREE. WHAT is there to complain about?

* Being completely and inexplicably exhausted.

* Sarah Palin, because she's a 'voracious reader' now. FAMILY CIRCUS DOES NOT COUNT, MRS. PALIN.

Things I Want Today
* Food. Like, dinner. Right now.

* Time to watch Doctor Who, Heroes, and Star Trek, because HUZZAH I found a VHS player. Or a Dalek. It's a toss-up.

* For it to be Friday, so I can SLEEEEEEP.

* For Trent Reznor, Tool, and Jane's Addiction to all decide to come to my town in New Jersey and hold a free concert, only for me and those I choose, and Russell Brand will MC and Zachary Quinto will show up and Quentin Tarantino will film it, and I can invite my relations from across the ocean, and I'll end up with either Brand or Qunto or Tarantino, because it's MY DAYDREAM.

* Some Tylenol. Thought I'd end on a realistic note there.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive