Sunday, May 24, 2009

Alan Moore Doesn't Read Books. He Stares Them Down Until He Gets The Information He Wants.

Life
* I have the hangover of death. Vanilla flavored vodka is the devil's elixir.

Books
* I lust for this. I lust after this pillow thing that lets you read books without holding them. And you make it yourself. So no money is spent, which I support ALWAYS.

Star Trek
* Here's an article on how Star Trek made you a better person when you were a young sprat. As if anyone doubted this fact. Were it not for Star Trek, I would be far more judgmental than I already am.

Journalism
* In college and high school, I adored Maureen Dowd. I thought she was the shit: witty, clever, informed, etc. I have since revised my opinion of her considerably, in no small part because I read more journalists with actual skills (also her book about men and women irritated me beyond words). So I laughed at her plagiarized article, and I laugh at her in general. She has Pulitzers and money and fame. I have a blog. I'm allowed to laugh at her. Plus, if you've ever read her work, it's pretty clear she didn't write the piece. Dowd FAIL.

V
* V gets its own section even though it isn't out yet because it SHALL be awesome, for a thousand reasons, and I will love it. These are ordained things. Do not question them. Anyway, here is the trailer. I think it's supremely awesome, except for a palpable lack of Alan Tudyk, which fills me with alarm. Still, SO AWESOME. LOOK AT THE SPACESHIP. I want an I Heart V shirt:


Twitter
* Tina Fey is on Twitter. You should follow her, because I want her to be my best friend.

Cars
* As stupid as the first Transformers was, and as stupid as the next will be, you can't argue that the souped-up Bumblebee is a sexy, sexy car.

[Found at Jalopnik]
And they're MAKING it, for people to BUY. I cannot afford it, ever, because it is expensive and far too perfect for me. But YOU should buy it, and give me rides EVERYWHERE.

TeeVee
* I am happy Chuck is not getting cancelled, because it is funny and clever and sweet, and really deserves to live on. But I am not thrilled about the almost overwhelming presence of Subway that has been there already, and will become so freaking prevalent that soon the show will be called, 'Subway's Chuck!' And I will be sad. The things we do to keep our shows alive.

Daily Hot Guy

[Hugh Laurie, AKA House, AKA Prince George, AKA That Guy's British?, AKA Bertie Wooster, being almost obscenely sexy with a motorcycle]

Geek Want
* This could also qualify as girly want. IT CROSSES ALL BOUNDARIES. LOOK AT IT. THIS IS HI-TECH STAR TREK SHIT:

[Found at DVICE]
It's an MP3 player and it's super-thin AND it's mirror-finished, making it super-sexy and cool as all hell, and WHY is it not mine, I ask you?

Netflix
* And you though Netflix couldn't get any more wonderful. UNGRATEFUL FOOLS. BOW BEFORE YOU MOVIE-DELIVERING GOD, WHO HAS IMPROVED ITS RECOMMENDATION SYSTEM EVEN MORE, BEYOND YOUR WILDEST FANTASIES. BOW, PEONS. Um, that was scary.

Technology
* I... I don't know. I just don't know anymore:

[Found at WorldOfWonder]
This requires explanation. It is a program online where you can hit real people with dodgeballs. It's British. I don't know if that ads anything, but... I can't even... DUDE. IS THIS THE BEST THING EVER, OR THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE HUMAN RACE? I CANNOT DECIDE.

Hangovers FAIL.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive