Monday, August 24, 2009

Do You Even Know HOW To Laugh Maniacally?

Blog
* You have to practice, you know. Title is from Gargoyles.

Life
* For those asking, last night's post featuring my hair and my 'Redheads Do It In Elevator Shafts' shirt.... well, I made the shirt. So yeah.

Zombies
* Huzzah, zombies will wipe out life as we know it! Which I always expected. I mean, zombie movies do NOT end happily. Even those that do (ish), the sequels do not. So I called it, but now we have the verification of SCIENCE behind this statement. Which is much more convincing than 'Shut up, I'm right and you're stupid.'

Girly Shit
* Young girls have enough problems as it is, what with pregnancy risks and peer pressure and drugs and body image issues and school and identity and puberty. Middle school and high school are TOUGH TIMES. They suck. And if you don't think they suck, I am alarmed and frightened and freaked the hell out. Much like how I feel about Beyonce launching a clothing line for young women:

[Found at TheBudgetFashionista]
Did Beyonce ever go to public school? Does she KNOW what happens to a girl who wears metal gloves and that outfit, and has an alter ego named 'Sasha Fierce'? Terrible, terrible things. Clearly Beyonce hates everyone who is not her. Because this is just cruel.

Music
* Here are five covers that are better than the originals. I especially second 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash. I love his version. Have you seen the video? They showed it when he died. I was at college, in the commuter's lounge. The video came on, and every person in the room started sobbing.

Because he was old and sad and missed his wife, and GOD DAMN, it's the Man In Black. I liked him before the movie. I liked him BEFORE he was cool. That's a lie. Johnny Cash has always been cool. He exists in a time loop of cool.

Technology
* If I was a robot, this would be my name:


Electronic Lifelike Lifeform Engineered for Violence and Efficient Exploration


Get Your Cyborg Name


I know you were all very concerned about this. I think we as a culture can move on.

Watchmen
* Here's an interview with Zack Snyder about how the Director's Cut of Watchmen that it will give you 10,000 orgasms and impregnate you with fierce blonde-haired megalomaniac babies. Even if you're a guy. ESPECIALLY if you're a guy.

* When in doubt, ALWAYS feed him a sugar cube:

[Made by Luna-Wolfdemon]

* I like his fuzzy purple pen. I bet he stole it from Ozymandias:

[Made by Hope_To_Fall]

Russell Brand
* Russell Brand is very excited about Nobu, which is a restaurant. Also his blue undies. Also he's half naked. This is how I get through Mondays.

Tattoo Of Win
* I love Zack Morris as much as any girl who grew up during the glory days of Saved By The Bell....

[Found at LOLTATZ]
But doesn't he look like an evil leprechaun here?

Daily Hot Guy

{Jakob Dylan, lead singer of the Wallflowers, and maker of a wonderful solo album, who we should all remember because he is hot AND talented, and Jakob is one of my most favorite names]

Words Of Win

[Found at Indexed]

Food
* This sandwich needs to be on the plate in front of me, now:

{Found at TheWorldsBestEver]
Pastrami sandwiches are glorious. But only in New York and New Jersey. Rest of you can't make them. Sorry.

Comics
* OK, this is technically about the movie District 9, and not comics at all, but you know what? It was a totally unexpected film, and I adored it, and it was great, and you need to go see it, 35 minutes ago, because it was amazing. In fact, don't read a damn review. Just go see it. RUN.
And no, dude from Flight of the Conchords is not in it. These are not the same person:

[Found at CDN]


[Found at PhillyImprov]
I heard some people were confused by that. So.

Books
* DINOSAURS WITH GUNS. DINOSAURS WITH GUNS.
I did not read anything else in this article. Forgive me, Cory Doctorow.

Monday, why you gotta play me like this? I WANT TO GO BACK TO BED.
- LV

PS Vote in my survey. Or bad stuff will happen to you. Not because of me. Just, you know, statistically it was a valid threat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive