Wednesday, August 26, 2009

That Smelled Just Like Bologna For Some Reason.

Blog
* I want a bologna sandwich with mayonnaise and shredded lettuce on white bread. I don't know. Title is from Tropic Thunder.

* Oh, did you notice the AMAZING video above this entry? I keep watching it. I think I have a problem. You should watch it, too, over and ever, then go to World Peace Through Jackie Earle Haley, for MORE INFORMATION, which you crave like AIR.

Life
* I have to go into work early today, so this blog entry may be shorter than usual. But I promise I'll post another later today, so dry your eyes.

Movie!Fail
* Why? No, really, why? Why would anyone do this? Robert Zemeckis is remaking the Beatles' Yellow Submarine. In 3-D. Why? I need an answer. Why would you do this? Who would be ASS enough to do this? First off, Polar Express sucked. The movie, not the book. Second, Beowulf didn't suck, but mostly because it was so weird, and not aimed at kids. Thirdly, Yellow Submarine was a scary as shit movie (The Blue Meanies were terrifying) and should only be viewed by someone on relaxing chemicals. I do not need to see the Blue Meanies in 3-D. Although it would be fun to emotionally shatter an entire generation with one movie.

Jackie Earle Haley
* Yes, it's from Comic-Con, where everyone cool hung out together, but it's Mr. Haley discussing Nightmare On Elm Street, so shut up and be grateful:


*
"That experience was just pinch yourself crazy. I was acting this far away from Leo DiCaprio, and Marty Scorsese was coming up and directing, between takes. It totally was a pinch me moment. I can't wait to see it."

--Former child star Jackie Earle Haley spills on his role as Ashecliffe inmate George Noyce in the made-in-Massachusetts flick "Shutter Island," slotted to hit theaters on Friday, Oct. 2. February 2010.
I just like that quote. And I love that Mr. Haley is all geeky over Leonardo DiCaprio and Scorcese, even though I have no opinion either way on DiCaprio (he's fine, he's a good actor, the end) and if you DON'T love Martin Scorcese, I don't care to hear about it.

TeeVee
* Here is a brilliant article on why all this nostalgia is ruining life for those of us born in the eighties. One day there will be a Gummi Bears 3-D movie, and then they will do some awful reboot of Gargoyles, and life will have NO MEANING, the end, and PS stay away from Rainbow Brite, DAMMIT.

Journalism
* I do not understand how some people get paid monies to write stuff. That is all. Even old men in BAD-ASS glasses.


Daily Hot Guy

[Jimmy Jean-Louis, AKA The Haitian from Heroes. He can wipe my mind any time, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. I hope you do. I'm tired, and I have to go into work early.]

Geek Want
* I don't even know HOW you would make this happen, but I think I need an NES Controller doorbell:

[Found at Neatorama]
One button will be a doorbell. One button will drop you down an elevator shaft. I just don't remember which is which, so I'll be going in through the garage.

Awesome
teacher-topper
see more Epic Wins from the Past
Do kids still do this? Because I think that if Jackie Earle Haley organized Giant Parachute games, we'd have world peace TOMORROW. I miss this game. Someone buy me a giant parachute, now. For science. Also I want a ball pen in the basement.

WTF, INTERNET?
* Because we don't fetishize our spawn enough already:

[Found at IncredibleThings]
Sonogram cufflinks? Why do we need those? Why do we need you to wear pictures of your unborn spawn on your wrists? Really? These cost $65. That is a lot of money to essentially say, 'I filled my woman's belly with my seed!' Congratulations. It's very exciting, and I like babies an awful lot, and plan on having some myself in the future. But I don't need images of your virility to decorate your wrists.
But to be fair, when I first saw the headline, 'Sonogram Cuffs,' I envisioned something much, much worse.

Movie!Win
* Another review of District 9, because Wired is GOD, and I loved this movie a lot.

* I'm giving this a conditional Movie!Win: Tommy Lee Jones is going to direct a movie based on a Cormac McCarthy play I have yet to read, The Sunset Limited. Jones is also going to star in it, and as a child I had a massive crush on him due to A) Lonesome Dove and B) The Fugitive. It's being done by HBO. And Samuel Jackson is in it. I really hope he screams, 'I am TIRED of the motherfucking limitations on this motherfucking sunset!"

Wow

[Found at FrigginRandom]
I am almost 100% sure that I posted this before, and that I made a joke about driving into this thing and killing myself and everyone, or something like that, but I am too lazy to go check, and like the potential dads on Maury, I'd rather let someone else tell me. Besides, it's still cool, yes?

To work, to work. Promise to write more later.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive