Saturday, August 22, 2009

This Toaster's Really Shiny.

Blog
* Heeere shiny shiny.... Title is from Daria: Is It College Yet?

Russell Brand
* I think Russell Brand and Kristen Schaal should have a baby together. Not because I know or care especially about their personal lives, but because their child would have super-comedy powers. Totally non-sequitur, I spent all of District 9 thinking the main actor was Rhys Darby from Flight of the Conchords, mostly because of his haircut and his suit, and not because Sharlto Coley (who played the main character, and was fabulous) looks anything like him. It was very disorienting.

TwiHate
* Reader Narissa sent me this. I don't know why. I don't what I did to her. But these are the shoes Satan wear when he goes jogging through hell:

[Found by Narissa]
These are dark times, my friends. Dark times.

Tattoo Of Win
* I have no clue whatsoever as to what is going on here:

[Found at LOLTATZ]
I'm less concerned with zombie unicorns, and more worried about where exactly the dolphins got the lasers from?

Words Of Win
A Lawrenceville man was arrested Tuesday morning after police said he hijacked his girlfriend's car to show up for court on time.


Food
* Further proof that everything is better, or more carbohydrate-packed, in Japan:

[Found at TheWorldsBestEver]
This COULD be an elaborate plot to make Japan as fat and unhealthy as America. Or it could be delicious. I will taste-test them, for SAFETY CONCERNS.

Comics
* This article gets it all wrong. Warren Ellis' Gravel doesn't change the pace. It sets the pace on fire, fucks it to death, injects its smoldering ashes into your bloodstream, then uses the pace's credit card to buy a pint.

Books
* This article on why we should all be writing military science fiction instead of urban fantasy would be very useful, if I wrote in either of those genres. I know jack shit about the military. Far as I'm concerned, everyone is a sergeant or a major. And it's exactly like Catch-22.

Star Trek
* OK, OK, it's Zachary Quinto and not ENTIRELY Star Trek related, but it's funny and it's Saturday, so shut up and enjoy it:

[Found at ONTD_StarTrek]

Doctor Who
* Taking a break from my Torchwood Sulk Of Hate, here is a picture of the coffin of the greatest Doctor Who fan, ever:
[Found at OnceUponAGeek]
Dude, safe travels to Gallifrey.

Daily Hot Guy

[Sharlto Copley, from District 9, as requested by many of you. As I said above, I thought he was the dude from Flight of the Conchords, so clearly I have some eye issues to work out.]

The rest of today's blog entry is cancelled because my parents are insane.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive