Thursday, June 4, 2009

David Carradine

Reports are coming in that David Carradine died. This makes me sad. He was the man in Kung Fu, and was the original creator of badassery and Win in the Kill Bill movies. Seriously, you could believe Uma Thurman would go for him, because he was that hardcore. He was a great actor, and fun, and had the best voice. He could take the shittiest of cinematic travesties and make them fairly cool, at least for the time he graced the screen with his presence. And that voice. The voice of hardened souls and killer angels. He had a great voice. It would soothe you and hypnotize you, and then he'd kill you, and you'd be HONORED.
And my generation loved him, because he was like the coolest version of your grandfather, who'd teach you life lessons and beat the shit out of you when you deserved it, but in a world-weary and affectionate way. His eyes had stories he'd never tell, and you'd only get hints of his mysterious past, and you were GRATEFUL for those hints.
And I am saddened by this news. He was 73, and still could have kicked everyone's sorry ass.
It seems wrong to write about silly things after that, but I'm going to anyway. Hopefully Mr. Carradine would have found that amusing. Or not given a shit, which is much more likely, and allowed me to live simply because he did not have the time to kick my pathetic carcass.
I think a Kung Fun marathon is in order. David Carradine, I salute you sir. You will be sorely missed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive