Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

Music
* Like everyone else alive on earth at this moment, I am very sad over Michael Jackson. It was so damn ABRUPT, you know? And I grew up on Michael. When I was little my dad let me watch the Thriller video on MTV one Halloween, and I was scared shitless (and now I love zombies, so SEE HOW THINGS AFFECT US?). In first or second grade, my class sang 'Heal the World' and 'Black or White.' We were not good. And I fell down trying to do the Moonwalk. And I loved that song 'You Are Not Alone,' even though the video scared the living SHIT out of me, and in some ways was creepier than any Nine Inch Nails video. And it's sad. I feel like he was lost. But no matter how you feel about his crazy (and, like most talents, he was pretty damn weird) he was a genius. My favorite album was 'Off The Wall.'
Favorite Michael Jackson songs (In No Order): 'Billie Jean,' 'Black or White,' 'Smooth Criminal,' 'Beat It,' 'Rock With You,' & 'Thriller.'
And to remind you how badass he was, here's one of my favorite videos of MJ:

This is how I first saw him. I was six, and I remember seeing this performance. I don't remember what happened ten minutes ago. And I'd like to remember him like this. Singing and dancing and being awesome. I know this isn't by FAR his best song. But it's the one that was a part of my childhood, and I love it. And that's how I want to remember Michael Jackson.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive