Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Alan Moore Doesn't Actually Write Books. The Words Assemble Themselves Out Of Fear.

Watchman Quotes: Doctor Manhattan Quotes
Note: I actually felt more for Jon in the movie than the comic. Maybe because actually hearing his voice was necessary to see him as more than just a scary blue god. Jon's a character I nothinged the first time reading, and grew to feel really bad for. Also, I love that nobody ever discusses the fact that he's naked. I feel like this would really bother Rorschach, or anyone when Jon's in SUPER GIANT MAN FORM. Also, even though what happens to Rorschach is totally Adrian's fault, I agree with that thing I read that said Jon should NOT be allowed to explode people until he learns how to UNexplode them. I'm just saying.

Comic
* A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?

* Up is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

* We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.

* There is no future. There is no past. Do you see? Time is simultaneous, an intricately structured jewel that humans insist on viewing one edge at a time, when the whole design is visible in every facet.

* I've walked across the sun. I've seen events so tiny and so fast they hardly can be said to have occurred at all, but you... you are a man. And this world's smartest man means no more to me than does its smartest termite.

* The morality of my activities escapes me.

* She says I am like a god now. I tell her I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

* Come, dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg. Come, dry your eyes. And let's go home.

* Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.

* Adrian: But you said you'd regained interest in human life.
Doctor Manhattan: Yes, I have. I think perhaps I'll create some.

Movie
* Why would I save a world I no longer have any stake in?

* When you left me, I left Earth.

* My father was a watch maker. He abandoned it when Einstein discovered time is relative. I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.

* I don't know what stimulates you anymore.

See, THAT's a quote section. I like it better in the comic, when he says that line to Veidt. It's much more ominous than when Laurie says it to Dan. Anyway, here are funny pictures. I have tried to keep the Blue Peen of Death to a minimum, but I can only work with what the internet gives me.


These are real. I swear. And technically, there's no penis IN this picture, so I've kept my promise.























These have penis humor. I apologize for ruining everything:




It's not funny, because it's true:


Do you understand how epically long this entry would have been if I'd included blue penis jokes? The internet would have crashed. I'm serious. Once, I actually heard someone describe this movie, "It's about a blue naked guy with a big dick." I may have cried/killed them. I'm just saying.

Anyhoo, that was relatively painless and fun, yes? Next up is The Comedian. I imagine there will be an excess of rape jokes. Like, a lot. So watch out for those, tomorrow. And PLEASE submit stuff, if you want it on this site! I'm only one girl - I can't scour the WHOLE internet, and still have time to bathe/sleep.
- LV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive